Voice on track 7

Hehe. Being an atheist, I tend to be more sensitive to rhetoric than most just because I hear it so often (usually directed at me)... it's part of why I find the concept on IC so interesting.

I'm a little disappointed with the concept to be honest. Or rather, the concept is very good, but I think they (Tom) could've gotten more out of it. Somehow the lyrics don't tackle the issue as much as they could...hence why When The Walls Go Down is the best song on the album. Close contest with a few other songs though, mainly cause others are longer and have Tom's vocals. The opening song and More Than Ever for example.

EDIT #23652: I'm starting to like this album more and more. ;) We'll see...anyway, the point of this edit. That sample in In The Wake Of The Weary is really good. I haven't written out any of it so I don't recall all of it, but that "It's all so deranged at my sight" line is nicely ironic.

Hmm, I gave a shot to transcribing the sample in "Faith Restored":

If you are one of those people who believe they cannot be free from the bondage of sin, I'm not talking about perfection, but you do not believe that you can ever be free, then there will always be bondage in your life. I have nothing more to say to you, this message from now on will mean nothing to you.

While it is true that the issue of religious cults isn't explored in an extensively researched manner on the album, I don't really think it needs to be as the focus is on how the preacher's dominance over the main character's life leads to his loss of sanity, and the vocal parts prevent it from sounding too simplified.

quasiphoton said:
Hmm, I gave a shot to transcribing the sample in "Faith Restored":

If you are one of those people who believe they cannot be free from the bondage of sin, I'm not talking about perfection, but you do not believe that you can ever be free, then there will always be bondage in your life. I have nothing more to say to you, this message from now on will mean nothing to you.

sounds dead on to me.

Now that you are talking about some parts of the songs maybe you can help me with the tape recorder parts of the ISOT album. I'm not an english speaker, so it is hard to understand those parts. I would thank if some of you guys out there could help me with this. I posted this in another thread, maybe you can find it and help me.
THANKS

When i listen to this song, i understand the whole story, so these little parts to me arent supposed to be fully understood. your only supposed to know what you can hear, like when you hear just a phrase and its too hard to understand then you hear another phrase. it has a better effect that way, and sometimes when i read lyrics, i think the song sounds different (in a bad way) whenever i do that.

OK, it does say...DOES say. We have to kill the baby. Not only does it say that, but its disgusting. I dont know what THE HELL evergrey is trying to say here. No one is that sick! Well, cult people. Evergrey obviously has a meaning behind this, and hopefully, HOPEFULLY, it is accepted in the eyes of Jesus.

plumjoose said:
OK, it does say...DOES say. We have to kill the baby. Not only does it say that, but its disgusting. I dont know what THE HELL evergrey is trying to say here. No one is that sick! Well, cult people. Evergrey obviously has a meaning behind this, and hopefully, HOPEFULLY, it is accepted in the eyes of Jesus.

¡¡¡LOL!!!

Hm. Many of you have stated that you do not get how the guy goes from "The messiah is born" blah blah blah to "We have to kill the baby!"

I think that Evergrey is really trying to underscore the hypocrisy of cults with that little sample...That the will contradict themselves in the same paragraph.

But that's my idea. Slap me if you think I'm a complete retard. lol

Also, I have a question for Carina specifically but anyone who knows the band members themselves can answer:

How tall ARE they?

On stage when I saw them (When they opened for Iced Earth *Columbus Ohio*) They looked about 8 feet tall! Maybe that's my deranged perspective of being front row...but whatever.

No, contradiction isn't a bad idea at all; he just made that contradiction awful fast, like maybe there was more to the rant that got edited out.

They seem to range from about 6' to 6'6ish. My perspective from front row at ProgPower was their giant-assed BOOTS. :)

I was just listening to The Essense of Conviction, and I was listening to the sampling. I don't think he says "God bless the cross" I think he says "God plants a cross right on the doorstep of the throne of Satan"

Dunno, but that's what I heard, and it sounds right...but meh.

*goes to listen again*

I think you're right - it does sound like "plants a cross." It makes more sense, too.

So many people, insomuch as I know... believe that Christ had to die. it was a MUST. so, in their opinion. they HAD to kill this... "baby" in order to be free from "the bondage of sin." which is what he was talking about... and confessing in his blood... or something... maybe... hopefully i can bring some light to make this discussion clear as mud.

Cataschism said:
So many people, insomuch as I know... believe that Christ had to die. it was a MUST. so, in their opinion. they HAD to kill this... "baby" in order to be free from "the bondage of sin." which is what he was talking about... and confessing in his blood... or something... maybe... hopefully i can bring some light to make this discussion clear as mud.

That's how I interpret it. The child is the Messiah, a second coming of Jesus maybe. I'm actually writing a story based entirely on the album, hopefully it will become a novel, and that's what I'm going to have happen.

My English teacher has listened to "The essence of conviction" (because we have to present him what we love!),

But he doesn't like very well :erk: and he said something like: "God should protect you and your mother" :dopey:

But I had 15/20 :loco:

Thanks Evergrey ;) ;)

And this track is very good
And I think the baby gives a "touch of blessing" at this track ;) ;)