Your fav song(s) from every album and why?

sknight

Are You Morbid?
I'm trying a variation on the "favorite song/favortie album" theme. What songs do you like and why? I'm interested in hearing people's taste in music styles.

The Dark Discovery:
Closed Eyes
When the River Calls
Just because they fucking shred.

S*D*T:
Solitude Within
A Scattered Me
The Corey Curse
Words Mean Nothing
The Shocking Truth
Starting off hard, then mellow with a beat, then the slow song that displays Tom's voice. I love how it ends with the violin sounds. Then shred again. Just awesome.

ISOT:
Dark Waters
Rulers of the Mind
Mark of the Triangle
Different Worlds
My second favorite EG album. Dark Waters effing shreds and I love the little "passages" in the song where it changes sound. I love the ending with the heavy guitar sound with the piano sound to the Keys. More shredding on the next songs and then another slower song that becomes loud and powerful. The sudden start and the short intervals between songs totally add to the atmosphere they create.

RC:
I honestly can't choose easily. This is one of my favorite albums, in my top 2. It's consistent and nearly perfect in every way. Still trying to pick, but I can't. A model for what many other rock/metal albums should do. The guitars were amazing, the bass clear and heavy. Rikard's sounds were classy and blended well, as well as having their own direction in the music. Patrick's best performance in EG. The song/lyric writing was awesome.

The Inner Circle:
I like the crunching of the guitars and the drums. The thematic approach came through and When the Walls Come Down certainly accomplished the goal of leaving me with the uneasy feeling. The three bonus tracks were awesome.
A Touch of Blessing
The Essence of Conviction
More Than Ever

When The River Calls
Solitude Within
Watching The Skies
End Of Your Days
A Touch Of Blessing

I've only got Recreation Day and The Inner Circle. Most of the MP3's I have are from The Dark Discovery, and I have three from the other two each. Can't wait to get these albums.

Favourite songs alert.

The Dark Discovery:

- Blackened Dawn - cos it's peur amazin. CYT style.

- For Every Tear That Falls - as it reduces big Mees to tears.

- As Light Is Our Darkness / Beyond Salvation - Prog to the max.

Solitude Dominance Tradgedy:

- She Speaks To The Dead - "I've seen her though the window" Need i say more.

- Solitude Within - The violin part rocks the socks of even the mightest sock wearers.

- When Darkness Falls - It links a lot of this albums ideas together so it's sorta like the bridge over the river that is Solitude Dominance Tradgedy.

In Search of Truth:

- The Masterplan - It's more sing-along than Songs of Praise or Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory for that matter.

- Mark of the Triangle - Pretty near to musical perfection.

- Misled - The twist in the story. Amazin'

Recreation Day:

- Blinded - Classic song also the lyrics can often be misheard as "your feet's ma weapon" Really, feet as a weapon is a concept that makes this album all the more amazing.

- The Great Deciever - For me, one of the most powerful songs ever it's like getting hit with a bus repeatedly.

- Recreation Day - Another incredibly heavy tune and the key change for the guitar solo is absolutley amazing.

- Darkest Hour - Had to stray from the 3 best songs per album routine for this one as it's sooooooooooooooooo grood... I mean good.

The Inner Circle:

- The Essence of Conviction - My favourite Evergrey song. Amazing chorus, amazing riffs and the quotes in the middle just make the song so much better. Also check out the baby at 4:56 it's the best backing vocals possibly ever. We have to kill the baby.... Apparently cos it keeps upstaging Tom.

- Harmless Wishes - The whole kinda string vibe is amazing and also i really like it because of the fairly prominent synth lead stuff going on.

- When The Walls Go Down - 4:14, possibly the most anticipated thing in history? I think so. When something builds up for that long and finishes with the line "We, have sinned" you're expecting it to be amazing and really it is. The heaviness of the one chord which is subsequently repeated for the next minute or so really really really does make it worth the wait. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMAZIN.

Aye, that's me finished now. *leaves the room to eat ceiling jelly*

The Dark Discovery:

• As Light is our Darkness/Beyond Salvation - ALIOD opens up beautifully and then the heaviness of BS sets in. A really powerful combination.
  • For Every Tear that Falls - This duett is just beautiful and powerful at the same time, plain and simple.
  • To Hope is to Fear - I just love this track and I find the lyrics to be brilliant.
Solitude Dominance Tragedy:

• Solitude Within - A wonderful opening track which sets the mood for the remaining songs. Also describes a feeling I think most of us can associate with at one point or another perfectly.
  • When Darkness Falls - Another song where the lyrics really manages to convey the characters emotions "...for the rush so divine, I need my medicine".
  • Words Mean Nothing - My favourite Evergrey song of all time. Simply perfect!
In Search of Truth: This is my favourite album so I can't choose only three songs.

• Rulers of the Mind - Once again the lyrics are amazing "You can't possibly know me, what I feel 'cos even I don't". The music in also superb.
  • State of Paralysis/The Encounter - This combination manages to do the same thing that ALIOD/BS does on the first album. First a sad, beautiful tune where you can really feel the desparation in Tom's voice and then...BAM...The Encounter sets in and the energy is amazing.
  • Different Worlds - Well I have never made it a secret that I simply love Evergrey's "softer" songs and this one is beautiful beyond explanation. The pure emotion Tom convey's in this song is what makes him one of my favourite singers. Second only to Words Mean Nothing amongst my favourite EG songs.
Recreation Day:

• End of your Days - First a strange keyboard "intro" and then it's crunching time. Once more the lyrics are what makes the song for me.
  • Recreation Day - The best song on the album and one of my absolute favourites. And after the death of my father last november the lyrics are almost a bit to close for comfort. They truly explain how I felt right after and still do to a certain extent.
  • Darkest Hour - The piano part and Carina's voice really makes this song stand out from the others on the album. A great song.
The Inner Circle:

• A Touch of Blessing - One more song which has an incredible build up until the guitars hit you at 1:09.
  • Faith Restored - Another "soft" Evergrey song and look and behold, it ends up on my top three list of this album ;-) They simply make amazing "soft" songs.
  • When The Walls Go Down - One word, Perfection! And to see this live in Gothenburg last year was just amazing. I'm soo longing to relive that moment on the DVD later this year.

Inner Circle

Touch of Blessing
Harmless Wishes
Waking up blind
Faith restored

In search of truth
Mark of the Triangle
Different worlds
State of paralysis
The encounter
Dark waters
Misled

Recreation Day

Your darkest hour
Fragments
Recreation Day

oh forget it ... to pick favourite songs is sucks, because it shifts from day to day depending on your mood. I love all songs because of the lyrics and great music so it is very difficult to pick. Evergrey are just f...ing awesome musicians and Tom's voice puts it to an edge.
I enjoy EG's Music because they are not afraid to tackle controversal subjects. Allways liked that in Music!

Solitude Within (Solitude Dominance Tragedy), I love that violin.
A Touch Of Blessing, the first EG-videoclip I'd seen.
The Essence Of Conviction, it expresses the true EG-feeling
Harmless Wishes, gorgeous lyrics
In The Wake Of The Weary, (The Inner Circle) with Carina.

All EG-songs kick ass!!!

The Dark Discovery:

Blackened dawn (cause the riffs are amazing and its a perfect opening) :)
Desember26th
Trust and betrayal (its so melancolic and beatiful)

Solitude Dominance Tragedy:

Solitude within (the violin is just awesome)
Nosferatu (amazing riffs,and i love the progressive parts)
She speaks to the dead
Words mean nothing (simply fantastic)
The corey curse (this song is one of those that really sticks out,cuz it has this really sickening sound to it and Tom`s voice brings it to the edge)

In Search Of Truth:

Mark of the triangle (the best song ever,its just perfect)
Dark waters (AMAZING lyrics)
Watching the skies
State of paralyze/The encounter (just one of those breathtaking combinated songs,with a soft "intro" into this great heavy song,like ALIOD/BS in the dark discovery)

Recreation Day:

Madness caught another victim (another one of those beutiful "soft" songs)
End of your days (the ending solo simply brings a tear to my eye) :cry:
As i lie here bleeding
Recreation day
Your darkest hour (The piano part in the middle of the song when carina sings is fantastic)
Unforgivable (The best lyrics Tom ever wrote) :)

The Inner Circle:

A touch of blessing (a blastoff) :headbang:
Harmless wishes (beutiful melodi and very dark and powreful lyrics)
The essence of conviction (once again fantastic,poetic lyrics)
When the walls go down

The Dark Discovery - Not my favorite Everygrey album, but damn good!
1. Blackened Dawn - This song just rips. The intro is rocking, and guitars galore. But its Tom voice during the chorus that gets me everytime. This is my favorite song off of Dark Discovery
2. December 26th - Basically for the same reasons above. I love the solo and the heaviness right after the shredding solo is just godlike. I love the keyboards in this song
3. The rest of the album - A great record, and a great debut from a great band. But they only get better....

Solitude Dominace Tragedy - This album is in my top three for favorite Evergrey records.
1. Solitude Within - I love this song. From the opening riff, to the emoitonal verses, its just Evergrey goodness. Tom's voice and the riffs just kick ass on this song
2. Nosferatu - Same as above, except I give Tom some serious credit for topping Solitude Within vocal wise. He is amazing on this song.
3. A Scattered Me - The voiced intro followed by the killer riffage and drumming by Pat is one of my favorite album moments on this record. Killer guitar everywhere on this song, and Tom is senseitonal again.
Every song on this record is a winner and its hard as hell to chose favorites, but theres my top three as of now.

In Search Of Truth - Probably my favorite Evergrey record. IMO Tom's best vocal performance as a whole, the riffage is to die for, and Pat's drumming continually gets better.
1. Mark Of The Triangle - The intro to this song is amazing. Its just powerful and pulls you in, then they take you through an adventure of pure musical bliss. Tom just impresses the hell outta me. Probably my favorite Evergrey song period!
2. The Masterplan - What a great way to start a record. Killer riffage, killer vocals, killer drumwork...and what a chorus!
3. The Encounter - The riffage in this song is what I love most. Pat is spot on with his bass drum work and totally takes this song into another dimension.
Again every song on here owns, but those songs are the ones I love most.

Recreation Day - This is the other album in my top three. This one is the best one to rock out to, and Tom/Henrik shows us what they are made of on this record.
1. End of Your Days - The sampled intro followed by the killer riffage gets me every time. Perfection. Then after the all to sweet intro they kick in with a riff that Iced Earth would be proud of, and then its time to headbang! Of course follow that with great vocals, great chorus etc....
2. Your Darkest Hour - I don't think any band in the world can do kick ass after kick ass intro like Evergrey. The intro riff mixed with the wicked atmoshperic keyboards in the background totally blows my mind. Everybody shines on this track. Rikard espeically.
3. Blinded - The first Evergrey song I had ever heard. Thanks to Headbanger's Ball and the video for this song, I begun my Evergrey journey. This song makes up what Evergrey is. Killer riffage, tight keyboards, awesome singing, and a killer middle section!
This album is amazing and surprisngly was the last album to complete the collection (even though I heard my first EG songs from this album).

The Inner Circle - Great album, and was the first one I bought (since it was the only one Best Buy carried at the time), but not my favorite.
1. A Touch Of Blessing - Probably my favorite intro by EG. Tom's vocals kick ass with the mellow guitar work, which then blows up in your face with the riffage. I love it.
2. Ambassador - The big heavy track on the record. The riffage is killer and so is the chorus. The riffage after the first solo though, just blows me away with the heaviness. If you can't headbang to it, then your dead.
3. More Than Ever - Typical EG as in it sweet riffage, great vocals, and killer drumming. Jonas gets to show us what he's made of a little bit, and he's looking to be a mighty fine replacement to Pat.
Great record, even though its not my favorite. Keep on rocking guys!