Von

Intoxicator

Hell On Earth
Aug 9, 2004
Hubbard, Ohio
www.myspace.com
I've never seen this band mentioned around here. I came across them on Vinland Winds awhile ago and took a general interest in them, but I never got around to buying anything by them. I finally downloaded a song by them, which was decent to say the least. Very evil atmosphere and even demonic sounding old school black/death metal. I suppose for their time, they had to be even more extreme. Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone else is into these guys or if their material is worth the buy. Thanks.

Intoxicator said:
I've never seen this band mentioned around here. I came across them on Vinland Winds awhile ago and took a general interest in them, but I never got around to buying anything by them. I finally downloaded a song by them, which was decent to say the least. Very evil atmosphere and even demonic sounding old school black/death metal. I suppose for their time, they had to be even more extreme. Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone else is into these guys or if their material is worth the buy. Thanks.

VON "Satanic Blood" is DEFINITELY worth the buy. Not, however, if you need creativity in your metal. Every song on that album is one riff and one riff only, repeated over and over (I know that a lot of black metal bands do this, but VON's riff's are also extremely short, so it is even more obvious, if you know what I mean).

That fact, however, does not detract from the album's superiority in ANY way. That is the way black metal should be, simple, vile, nasty, evil, and directly to the point. No unnecessary wankery. In my humble opinion, the title song "Satanic Blood" is one of the best black metal songs EVER.

Mike

Gory Elephant said:
VON "Satanic Blood" is DEFINITELY worth the buy. Not, however, if you need creativity in your metal. Every song on that album is one riff and one riff only, repeated over and over (I know that a lot of black metal bands do this, but VON's riff's are also extremely short, so it is even more obvious, if you know what I mean).
Haha wow you're not kidding.
VON - Satanic Blood said:
|---------------------------------|
|-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-----------------|
|-----------------2-2-2-2-3-3-3-3-|
|---------------------------------|

that's how the entire song goes

Gory Elephant said:
Not, however, if you need creativity in your metal. Every song on that album is one riff and one riff only, repeated over and over
which WAS pretty fucking CREATIVE when that album was released... creativity doesn't necessarily mean 62 riffs a minute

VONs Satanic blood proofs that you need only 9 riffs for to create a 9 song full lenght album! A few years ago, there are some rumours around that this "band" was only a fun project from some Autopsy members....

Wow. I didn't realize it was that simplistic. The song I downloaded, "Christ Fire," consists of one riff in two variations: the "drawn out" version and the "sped up" version. Then, there's a solo type thing that consists of about four different notes once again "drawn out" and then "sped up (oh! I think they might have thrown in an extra note on one of them!)". That's fucking great. I love minimalism.