MORTICIAN anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
I just got some new cd's for Christmas from my cousin. One of them was "Zombie Massacre Live" by Mortician. I have never heard anything by them and I was wondering what you all think of them. I am listening to it now and whiles its early to form an opinion it's striking me as a bit weird. I am by no means a huge death metal fan. I like Morbid Angel, Obituary, Deicide, Cannibal Corpse, Death, Dismember you know the big boys that everyone knows. Ive heard some other death metal bands and I am hit or miss with most of them. I like some more melodic stuff. I also like Suffocation, Kataklysym, Arch Enemy, Amon Amarth, and a handful of others im drawling blank on right now. With Mortician the music is insane and I like it alot but it makes me wonder are vocals even necesary on this. When I first heard Cannibal Corpse I was like wow these vocals are low and deep I couldn't understand this if I tried. Overtime Cannibal grew on me and I like them alot now. Even saw them live and had a friggin blast. These vocals with Mortician seem even lower and almost non existant at times. Can any fans of this band tell me more about them and what you think of their music? Thanks in advance

Mortician is lame, but hilarious to see live. Their singer has a kickass collection of underground brutal death CD's for sale at their shows too :)

I like them. I've only heard one album (Chainsaw Dismemberment) and I swear they're awesome. You just can't listen to them too much at one time... it's a little bit overwhelming, haha!

Get your money back and buy a Barbara Streisand album instead. At least that way, you can kill your own brain cells without annoying your parents.

Really, to "get" Mortician you should approach them as a bit of silly fun, like Anal Cunt, GWAR or Opeth. I don't know if the Rahmers think they're being serious, but it's best to look at it as if they're not.

lord667 said:
or Opeth.
ooh the angsty boy wants to stir up a ruckus, thats so silly
glotz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.