Voodoo Labs Gear HELP!

mick thompson

AKA: Ross Canpolat! SM!
Nov 3, 2005
Dublin, Ireland
like my previous post i was checking out some stuff for my rig.

so my plan was to run my pedals such as mt tube screamer,chorus,tc electronic racks through the voodoo labs GCX Audio Switcher but i cant seem to see how on earth i can control the rack without a pedal, so i found the voodoo labs ground control pro.

how on earth do they connect up?

on the ground control pro there are 2 1/4"'s. one audio passive in and audio passive out and a midi in and midi out. (checked the pic on www.thomann.de)

from what i know the audio switcher rack will produce a fairly hot signal on its output and the ground control pro says to only plug in a passive device. not even a 9volt pedal, it must be 100% passive.

and after a quick google search i confirmed my knowledge that midi does not carry any audio signals but only pitches, trigger hits etc.

so how the fuck to i hook the rack up to the floor unit?:cry:

Ok, the Ground Control is a midi controller for the GCX or any other midi receiving device. You plug the midi out of the Ground Control into the midi in of the GCX and they are pre-programmed to work together. It's pretty simple. The 2 1/4" jacks on the Ground Control are for real-time midi control pedals. I use 2 Ernie Ball volume pedals with mine to give me real time parameter control over things like delay volume, chorus width, leslie speed while playing.

The GCX and other loop switchers are a series of internal switches that put things in/out of the signal chain so the units are linked in a serial audio path and programmed by the Ground Control, or other midi control pedal, per preset.

It's all pretty easy to set up.