Voodoo Mods

Impervious

Dec 1, 2006
Does anyone have a voodoo modded amp? I was looking on their site, and they kinda don't really tell you what they do. They just say, very vaugely, in a big long paragraph, that they make the amp sound better in every way. But, that kinda sounds like bullshit to me haha. I was considering it for my 5150, but, it's a bit pricey, and it doesn't really seem like it'd work too well. No idea though, so let me know if anyone has one. thanks

I've heard mixed opinions from customers. Some say it made their amp sound more brutal in every way...others say it was the worst lump of cash they've ever spent. Others say they can't really tell that much of a difference/improvement while others swear it improves the amp 10x over.

I don't know what to believe so I just leave my amps alone. You shouldn't have to mod your amp...IMO. It should suit your needs, even if it's with a clean boost, or it's not worth it. But that's me.

My JSX, all I run is a Keeley Modded TS9 and a Boss NS-2 in front of it...does everything I want it to.

~e.a

I have a Hex modded Marshall JMP 2203. I never heard it prior to the mod (I bought it from them outright). I will say though, that it's the best sounding amp I've ever played, and I can't wait till I have the proper equipment to mic it up and record it instead of all this direct bullshit. If I was ever posed with the opportunity to get an amp endorsement deal, I'd say fuck it, this is the amp I play through.

As far as the 5150 mod, I'd say go for it. You shan't be disappointed.:cool:

I have played some voodoo moded amps at voodoo (they are only an hour away, they used to be 30 mins away) played a DSL and a 5150 both through voodoo cabs (v30 speakers). They both sounded great (as well as there hand wired voodoo heads holy shit nice) the only downside: no stock amps to compare with.

I would say do it, go for the delux mod :)