Vote for best Swedish metal band

Evergrey or Opeth in my opinion. Most of the melodic death metal bands (In Flames, Soilwork) have strayed far from their original breathtaking roots, so of course they are null and void. Evergrey and Opeth speak for themselves in their own individualistic ways. And of course there is always Dark Tranquillity...cheers!

BlackenedDawn said:
Evergrey or Opeth in my opinion. Most of the melodic death metal bands (In Flames, Soilwork) have strayed far from their original breathtaking roots, so of course they are null and void. Evergrey and Opeth speak for themselves in their own individualistic ways. And of course there is always Dark Tranquillity...cheers!

You are forgetting one of the best, if not, the best, Melo death band coming from Sweden, Dark Tranquillity, they NEVER dissapoint!

..in my humble opinion of course..:headbang:

Well there are many. Some include Bathory, Thyrfing, Dissection, Evergrey, Therion, Defleshed, Marduk, Dark Funeral, Dismember, Legion, Midvinter, (older) Soilwork, (older) Katatonia, (older) Opeth, Aeon, Lord Belial, Hypocrisy, Algaion, (older) Amon Amarth, Nonexist, Demoniod, Carnal Forge, Grave, Andromeda, Dream Evil, Bloodbath, Spawn of Possession, ect...ect... Way too many to choose from.

Some of the swedish bands i either dislike, find boring, or annoying are the following.. I know I'm gonna get slammed/bashed for not liking these bands but here goes nothing....

Pain of Salvation, Meshuggah, Darkane, Dark Tranquility, In Flames, Carcass (I know i'm definetly gonna be bashed for this) , Arch Enemy, ect... I kinda not really into most of the gothenburg death scene. Most of the bands from that scene are just trying to rehash "Slaughter of the soul" by At The Gates and just don't do much for me. I think (older) Soilwork does it best for the scene though. it's especially rediculous that these mallcore bands like Bleeding through, Darkest Hour, ect... are mixing their brand of hardcore with gothenburg. I don't know why I don't like Carcass. I even ask myself why I don't? I used to own "necrotism" and "heartwork" and just found them boring for some odd reason yet I like Carcass influenced bands such as Exhumed, Impaled, Rotten Sound, and Aborted.

Ralf, you sexy bastard!
It's a shame that nobody else knows the greatness that was Mayadome. Unfortunately, Pain Of Salvation just beats them out for me.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al