VST drums

GuitardedMark

Decimate The Living!
Jul 26, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.myspace.com
I'm looking to buy a new VST drum program. I know the big 3 for metal are addictive drums, superior drums, and steven slate. I've not heard the greatest things from addictive drums and superior drums and A LOT more expensive than steven slate. What do you guys think between steven slate drums and superior drums drums from hell?

i have used pretty much all of them ...the most popular seems to be superior drummer and ssd.

i recently bought ssd platinum... the only problem with ssd is you need to choose wisely because a lot of the kits are modeled off of some pretty unique productions that are extremely famous. ie. deftones/steely dan/led zep... all it leaves is some pretty cool sounding pop kits... imo.

plus + it really depends on your production direction.

superior was my first.

It sounds like I'd be most interested in SSD but I do wonder about the preset samples. Does it have enough options to alter the sound so it doesn't sound like the presets? I'm pretty much only going to be using these for metal.

ssd platinum comes with 40 kits... it has a "thick metal kit" that is used quite a bit.

but if you mix it up; put a different snare or kick you could get away with it sounding "different"

i pretty much use the "radio rock kit" all the time. i also create my own samples and use drumagog which is equally time consuming.

as far as "preset" sound. alot of people use ssd sooooo yeah it will sound similar to whatever else is out there.