W.A.S.P @ Bourbon Street!!!

johan68

Apr 3, 2008
Clearwater, FL, U.S.A
It appears that W.A.S.P will be at Bourbon Street in N.P.R, FL on March 20. Haven't seen an official tour announcement yet so I don't know if this is a one off or a proper tour. Anyways.... If you have never seen W.A.S.P (or want to see 'em again :)), you should make your way to New Port Richey for that show. W.A.S.P always puts on a great performance (IMO).

New album slays as well....:headbang:

Yep, full tour.
I am considering going to the Chicago date, which is actually in a suburb, near my work.

I am only familiar with their early stuff, but everyone raves about the live show...when they do actually show up that is!

I am so excited for the Chicago date. Although it is at a questionable venue for such a band, it will still be a great show.
Didn't know they were playing Bourbon Street. That date must have just been added to the tour.

Here is the rest of the tourdates according to Blabbermouth:

Feb. 26 - Agoura Hills, CA @ Canyon Club
Feb. 27 - Santa Ana, CA @ Galaxy Theatre
Feb. 28 - San Diego, CA @ 4th & B
Mar. 04 - Lincolnshire, IL @ The Cubby Bear
Mar. 05 - Columbus, OH @ Alrosa Villa
Mar. 06 - Detroit, MI @ Harpo's
Mar. 09 - Foxborough, MA @ Showcase Live
Mar. 10 - Wantagh, NY @ Mulcahy's
Mar. 11 - New York, NY @ Gramercy Theater
Mar. 12 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
Mar. 13 - Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom
Mar. 21 - San Juan, Puerto Rico - Drums Isla Verde
Mar. 25 - Sparks, NV @ New Oasis

Hum. I've heard that a lot of what you hear at a W.A.S.P. show is pre-recorded going over the speakers. I'm going mainly for the spectacle of seeing Blackie and that mic stand.

It appears that W.A.S.P will be at Bourbon Street in N.P.R, FL on March 20. Haven't seen an official tour announcement yet so I don't know if this is a one off or a proper tour. Anyways.... If you have never seen W.A.S.P (or want to see 'em again :)), you should make your way to New Port Richey for that show. W.A.S.P always puts on a great performance (IMO).

New album slays as well....:headbang:

This show will be at Club Firestone in Orlando on March 19th as well, I am booking the local support for this.... Still awaiting on the guys at firestone to announce within the week hopefully.

BUT Seven Kingdoms is among the openers, so if anyone is in FL and wants to see WASP on that date

I HAS PRESALE TICKETS!!!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Move that Orlando date back just ONE day to March 18th!!!
I will be in Orlando all that week for work, but leaving on the 19th.

DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!

Is there any truth to this? Or is this strictly netlore?

Zod

I don't think it's true. I've seen W.A.S.P 7 times in the last ten years and have not had any reason to believe anything has been pre recorded. One of my best mates has also been W.A.S.P's guitar tech for the last 4 years and according to him it is not true.

I don't think it's true. I've seen W.A.S.P 7 times in the last ten years and have not had any reason to believe anything has been pre recorded. One of my best mates has also been W.A.S.P's guitar tech for the last 4 years and according to him it is not true.

are you coming to the orlando show?

I agree with this statement. I have seen WASP everytime they have come to Chicago for the past 7 years and even travelled to see them elsewhere, always being front and center during the show. I have never got the impression it was pre-recorded. I think that was just a rumor that got started and spread for some reason. But who knows.

All I know is the past couple of shows, "Elvis"...Blackie's big ass mic stand has been absent. Last I heard, a few springs were broken on it. Hopefully it gets fixed.
Either that or they are not playing venues big enough to accompany the thing. It's really sad....everytime I see them the venue gets crappier and crappier.

Not for that one. Bourbon street is only about 30 min from my house. I will be in Orlando for the Porcupine Tree show on April 23 though (the day before JOP @ Bourbon Street), and quite possibly for the Kreator show whenever that is.

cool cool so will you be attending the JOP date at bourbon street?

Yes... Haven't missed a JOP show the last 8 years.

I also heard there is a decent opening band that night..... :)

HAHA several actually, Psyaxis is on the bill as well as us. They are a great prog/power band that hopefully everone will enjoy! :)

They play first followed by Holes and Hearts then Seven Kingdoms and JOP

Should be a packed house and a fantastic night of metal :)