W.A.S.P.

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
I have been listening to a lot of W.A.S.P. over the last week...
I haven't picked up the Dominator album. Here's one for you guys.
Are the Neon God discs and Dominator worth picking up?

I have been listening to some of my favorite albums:
Inside The Electric Circus
The Headless Children
K.F.D.
Helldorado
Dying For The World

Pick up Dominator now!!! I realy enjoy that album, but my favorite (and also one of my all time favorites) would still be the Crimson Idol. This album is just perfect, what a great vibes on it. Damn I whised I saw the Crimson Idol show, they did last year.

Pick up Dominator now!!! I realy enjoy that album, but my favorite (and also one of my all time favorites) would still be the Crimson Idol. This album is just perfect, what a great vibes on it. Damn I whised I saw the Crimson Idol show, they did last year.

I'm not a big fan of The Crimson Idol as a whole there are some good songs on there... It looks like I'm gonna shell out some dough for the Dominator album though it's supposed to hit the streets in North America later this summer with bonus tracks...I'm might hold out for that one...

They're still doing the Crimson Idol show in this year's shows, it's not an extensive tour though but just some select shows and festivals. They're playing in my town in a few weeks actually but I'm not too eager to pay 35€ for a fat lip-syncing Blackie... we'll see. It's a friday night and I've never seen them live before so maybe I'll check it out after all.

Crimson Idol is a total classic album and WASP's best. Close second would be the debut, they're two very different animals yet both great and clearly the high points in the band's career. Haven't heard the newer albums really, Dominator's been rather well received so maybe that'd be worth checking out. The bits I've heard from the post-TCI 90s albums didn't rock my socks off exactly.

What a redundand post... I'm off to bed...:zombie:

"Dominator" is the WASP album since "The crimson idol". And the one, IMO, that´s worth to pick up. Excellent stuff like "take me up", "Heaven´s hung in black" or "Deal with the devil". "The Neon God Part I" is average with a couple of good songs like "Sister Sadie" (a "Chainsaw Charlie" wannabe) but nothing special.

Of course, "The crimson idol" is their best album (first one is another masterpiece) ever and one of my favourites from the 90´s.

They're playing in my town in a few weeks actually but I'm not too eager to pay 35€ for a fat lip-syncing Blackie... we'll see. It's a friday night and I've never seen them live before so maybe I'll check it out after all.

Warning: I was a fan of this band UNTIL I saw them play live, both in 1985 opening for Iron Maiden, and again in 2001 for the filming of Rock Star. However, their performances on both shows were ruined by Chris Holmes' drunken lead guitar stumbling and since he's no longer in the band...

I'm not a big fan of The Crimson Idol as a whole there are some good songs on there...

I'm with you on that. I've always thought it was a bit overrated. I like the debut, Headless Children, and Last Command (in that order) all better than the Crimson Idol.

I would have to say that Neon God part 1 is better than part 2. Other than that, I don't have much good to say about their albums after TCI.

I'm with you on that. I've always thought it was a bit overrated. I like the debut, Headless Children, and Last Command (in that order) all better than the Crimson Idol.

I would have to say that Neon God part 1 is better than part 2. Other than that, I don't have much good to say about their albums after TCI.

Crimson is overrated in my book. I might have to pick up Neon God. They're based on the same storyline right?

My top WASP albums I rate as follows:

Last Command
Debut
Electric Circus
Helldorado
Dominator

The stuff after Electric Circus had some hell annoying drumming and IMO all sounded the same. I don't think Crimson Idol was all that either.

It's different, it's got an industrial metal sound to it. I'm a huge Ministry and early Nine Inch Nails fan so this came at a great time...

plus blackie sounds so pissed on K.F.D. after that though his voice started to decline and the songs all sound the same. the soungs from K.F.D. sounded even better live though

plus blackie sounds so pissed on K.F.D. after that though his voice started to decline and the songs all sound the same. the soungs from K.F.D. sounded even better live though

The only complaint I have is the chorus on K.F.D. sounds too close to "Closer." I think Lawless should have gone elsewhere for inspiration...
That and the remarks that he made several times on interviews "I'm going to out Manson, Manson..." What the fuck was that?!

They lost me waaaay back in the 80s. I did like Headless Children though, and the first record, for all the ups and downs since then, just plain kills. Their debut really convinced me they'd be huge, or at least GREAT....anyway, that record remains, and that's worth something. It really is good.