Wacken 2003 - is there any better festival?

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
What a line up this year! Testament, Gamma Ray, Carpathian Forest, Thyrfing, Slayer etc etc.

By the way, if anyone's interested in going to Wacken 2003, and still need tickets, we have a couple of cheap tickets on sale: $80 for Two

Unfortunately we've had a change of circumstances and can no longer use them. :cry: Good luck to anyone who can make it this year! It should be an amazing event. :)

This years will be great, it features alot of amazing bands like: Gamma Ray, Stratovarius, Primal Fear, Rage, Twisted Sister, Annihilator, Testament, Slayer, Circle II Circle, Freedom Call, Metalium, Running Wild, Sinner, Sonata Arctica, and many more. One of the best line ups I have ever seen.

However I can't help but just think what next years will be like. Next year will most likley feature Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, Grave Digger, and Judas Priest with the man Rob Halford. Judas Priest will pretty much headline almost every major European festival next year.

Im going too, but I´m pretty disappointed by the cancelled bands... Iced Earth, Cradle Of Filth and Dark Angel - reunion, were three bands I would like to see... To hell with it... There´s still some good s shit downthere.

People from UM should team up and drink there one day... What do you say?

~UlvedaL~ said:
Im going too, but I´m pretty disappointed by the cancelled bands... Iced Earth, Cradle Of Filth and Dark Angel - reunion, were three bands I would like to see... To hell with it... There´s still some good s shit downthere.

I didn't know that about Dark Angel cancelling - shame.

People from UM should team up and drink there one day... What do you say?

Good idea ~Ulvedal~, there are a bunch of people from Royal Carnage (+ friends) going over. Let 'em know down at our forum.

Profånity said:
I live in England, is it worth spending my hard saved money to go to Wacken.

I don't think living in England has got anything to do with it really, especially since Wacken is considered to be global. At one point, flights to Hamburg on Ryan Air were going for 25 quid return. People will be flying in from South America, Japan, the USA, and of course the rest of Europe (outside of Germany) and the world.

Apparently the camping ground is pretty huge, and people fly their nations flags above their tents so you know where the other metal heads are from. That is very cool IMO.

$80 for 2 tickets folks. Not looking to make a profit here (in fact I'm losing on the deal) - I'd rather the tickets go to fans than be wasted....

....face value is/was 55 Euro (each). :)

Rich from ThatsSometal.com will be attending Wacken this year and will have a full blown report on the website along with pictures. Be sure to check out the live chat August 6 from 9:00 to 10:30 pm in which Rich will be discussing is trip to Wacken as well as other metal related topics.

Thanks TheGraveDigger for the mention of our chat session. We at www.thatssometal.com look forward to talking with everyone and I cant wait to tell of my adventures at Wacken. Also, Royal Carnage is a great metal website, I met some of the guys at the BW&BK fest in Ohio and hung with them, check em out. See you at Wacken,

wayland smithers said:
Thanks TheGraveDigger for the mention of our chat session. We at www.thatssometal.com look forward to talking with everyone and I cant wait to tell of my adventures at Wacken. Also, Royal Carnage is a great metal website, I met some of the guys at the BW&BK fest in Ohio and hung with them, check em out. See you at Wacken,

Thanks Mr Smithers. :) I wasn't at the BW&BK festival but the guys you probably met will indeed be at Wacken - make sure you coordinate early to meet up!

And if anyone knows anyone else who needs Wacken tickets (cheap) then tell them about our eBay auction!

Here's to Wacken 2004 already!