Wacken 2007

Taliesin

Immaturity Aside
Feb 11, 2002
The Kop!
Wtf are they inviting Bullet for my Valentine? And what is Volbeat?
Am I getting old or why havent I heard of around a third of the bands? :err:

I'm pretty familiar with the list, not that I care too much about it.

J.B.O. is the ones who covered Sepultura's Roots with Pavarotti... anyone heard anything else original from them?

Well, they've covered "The Synphony of Destruction" and made it "The Synphony of (intestinal) occlusion".. they do all kinds of songs like that. I cant say Im a fan really, but they sure are original in their own way.
Another example is the \m/ -sign, which they call the Fry-Fork..

There is a one-man project from Moscow (+ session/live members), where the guy made heavy/death metal covers on popular Russian and quite a few foreign songs, grew old on me as he's doing pretty much the same thing, but Unbreak My Heart and It's My Life were the best :D

what the fuck is this shit i aint goin to see no faggot shit bands who the hell authorized the gayness in the fuckin best open air metal show there is!

@Taliesin: We're getting old, sort of. That doesn't mean BFMV shouldn't be taken out to the garbage cans outside the camping area, but still... losing touch with some of the new trends is just normal.

@Metalero: No chatroom speech here, thank you. A semblance of punctuation won't make you any less of a homophobic manbeast, tiger.

Taliesin said:
Am I getting old or why havent I heard of around a third of the bands? :err:

about one fourth for me, i think, but i really can't say i pity you for it. sonic syndicate, for example, is your average swedish soilwork clone - no wonder if you haven't heard of them. anyway, i think the line-up overall is ok, though nothing spectacular. nice samael are back, since i really enjoyed their show 2005.

speaking of nothing, did you leave during the wintersun gig last year? if so, i think i spotted you and that flaming beard of yours.
(edit: at second thought: the wintersun gig this year, for a few more days.)

"It is with huge regret that BFMV announce that they will not be able to make Wacken 2007.

Matt Tuck has been told by his Doctor that he has to have his tonsils out on July 10th. Recovery time is one month so unfortunately he won't have recovered in time.

We wish him all the best."

Hahahahaha.. omg, his tonsils! Can anyone think of a more ridiculous reason for this? Either way, good riddance :D

There are 61 bands there, and I've heard of 38 of them.

I Haven't heard music by these:

Volbeat - Heavy metal/Hard rock from Denmark.
The vision bleak - Gothic metal from Germany.
Stormwarrior - Speed metal from Germany.
Saxon - British heavy metal.
Sahg - Stoner-laden Doom Rock/Metal from Norway.
Rose Tattoo - Blues/Hard rock from Sustralia.
Sacred Reich - Thrash/Speed metal from U.S.A.
Neaera - Metalcore from Germany.
Narziss - Metalcore from Germany.
Municipal Waste - Crossover Thrash from U.S.A.
Mambo Kurt - German artist who does covers of various mainstream and classical/modern rock hits
Letzte Instanz - Gothic Rock from Germany.
J.B.O. - Fun metal (whatever the hell that is) from Germany.
Falconer - Swedish power metal.
Disillusion - German progressive metal (with extreme metal influences)
Electric Eel Shock - Garage Metal / Rock n' Roll from japan
Destruction - German Thrash Metal.
Communic - Progressive/Power Metal from Norway.
Blitzkrieg - Heavy metal band from England.
Black Majesty - Power metal band from Australia.
Benedictum - Heavy/progressive metal and hard rock band from U.S.A.
Die Apokalyptischen Reiter - Germany based heavy metal.
Animal Alpha - Norwegian Rock.

With the exeption of "Disillusion", those don't sound very interesting.

Die Apokalyptischen Reiter are well worth checking out.. the rest, Im not familiar with either.

lol plintus, you like them as well? Why am I not surprised ;)

Probably not hearing about Saxon is a sin, because they seem to be quite a legendary band. Though, I should be given a break because I'm too young to have lived in the golden age of heavy metal, AND it's not my thing.

@Taliesin: Okay, I will check them out just because you said so, but if I don't like them you will paaay!!

@Dark_Silence: I will also evaluate Disillution.

Oh, and something tells me a smiley is due : :D.
There.

@Taliesin: Okay, I will check them out just because you said so, but if I don't like them you will paaay!!
I recommend "All you need is love", an album from 2000, parts of which feature german lyrics that I find very good actually. Im generally not a friend of german lyrics, mostly because english makes lyrics sound "cool", where a translation would only make them sound stupid ;)
Logically, most lyrics that come in german sound stupid right away.. not so the "Apos" as they're lovingly called :p

I recommend "All you need is love", an album from 2000, parts of which feature german lyrics that I find very good actually. Im generally not a friend of german lyrics, mostly because english makes lyrics sound "cool", where a translation would only make them sound stupid ;)
Logically, most lyrics that come in german sound stupid right away.. not so the "Apos" as they're lovingly called :p

How about "Have a Nice Trip?" They have a song in Spanish there, "Baila Conmigo," :p it is quite hilarious for us Spanish speakers to listen to Germans speaking in Spanish :lol: . It basically talks about this girl called "Lolita" (what a typical name for a whore omg :rolleyes: :lol: ), and he wants to dance with her and feel "her sweet sweat of her lips" and stuff.

DAR is one of me favourite bands, I have "Soft and Stronger" (ltd.digi), "Have a Nice Trip" and "All You Need Is Love LP." The latter comes with a hilarious alcohol drinking - kissing your mates - smoking pot - orgy inciting board game :lol: . It even has a picture of a nude women showing her vagina OMG! :lol: :p

So nobody here has heard Destruction? :zombie: . That's pretty hard to believe hehe :p . Saxon is ok and Falconer is pretty good :kickass: .

Those are the ones I've heard hehe :kickass: :) .