Wacken 2010.

Still a long way to go and only 2 acts so far revealed for next year:

CORVUS CORAX
IMMORTAL

but this thread can be now used as an update on what unfolds towards the festivals 21st Anniversary. I'm sure their are a few of you out there looking to make the pilgrimage next August also.
Feel free to add comments, make your plans and help update news here as well.Anyone who has ever been to Wacken knows what an experience it is and even if you think it's grown too big or commercial it still deserves acknowledgement for what it has achieved.
And if you've never been i suggest you do it at least once. It's a different world!:kickass:

http://www.wacken.com/de/woa2010/main-bands/billing-2010/

Sorry Dave but Wacken is turning into the worst metal festival in the world. Now Roadburn is a real metal festival. Fucking awesome lineup!

Main Stage:
Goatsnake
Enslaved
Kylesa
Yob
Eyehategod
Jarboe

Midi Theatre:
Sons of Otis
Shining (NO)
Monkey3
+ 2 more bands tba

Green Room:
Mouth of the Architect
Ancestors
Outlaw Order
Firebird
Troubled Horse
Monarch!

Bat Cave:
Magnus Pelander
Øresund Space Collective
Bong
The Wounded Kings
Night Horse
Eagle Twin

Main Stage:
Triptykon
Sarke (featuring Nocturno Culto)
Thorr’s Hammer
Jesu
Trinacria

Green Room:
Bohren & der club of Gore
Evoken
Pagan Altar
Witchfynde
Valborg
+1 more band TBA

Bat Cave:
Serpentcult
Shever
Noneuclid
Suma
LongDistanceCalling
+ 1 more band TBA

Dream of an Opium Eater (Night Show)

Midi Theatre, Roadburn Festival:
Comus
Karma To Burn
Master Musicians of Bukkake
Church of Misery
Death Row

Enslaved / Shining (NO) - playing The Armageddon Concerto
John Garcia
Shrinebuilder
Candlemass – including Epicus Doomicus Metallicus in it’s entirety
Nachtmystium

Midi Theatre:
Sons of Otis
Brant Bjork & The Bros
Astra
Jex Thoth
Yob

Green Room:
Moss (UK)
Yakuza
Altar of Plagues
Fatso Jetson
The Gates of Slumber
Los Natas

Bat Cave:
Horisont
The Lamp of Thoth
Black Math Horseman
Totimoshi
Ahkmed

Soilent Green
Sourvein
Graveyard
Dixie Witch
House of Broken Promises

Dude how can you honestly say a festival that has IRON MAIDEN, W.A.S.P., UDO, ALICE COOPER, MOTLEY CRUE, SLAYER etc is the worst around?
I know your a massive doom fan dude but i think your grip on reality is becoming a bit eskewed?:erk:
Nothing to with being a doom fan man! I'm probably an even bigger fan of 80's metal such as Fates Warning, Crimson Glory, Savatage, Jag Panzer etc

Just my opinion man. Not a fan of any of the recent albums by most of those bands or their mediocre live performances.

Maiden are an exception. Still releasing quality stuff and playing at the top of their game. Couldn't care less about any other band on that bill.

holy fuck that Roadburn lineup is INCREDIBLE. Enslaved, Shining, Mouth of the Architect, Monarch!, Trinacria, Bohren & der Club of Gore, Serpentcult, Candlemass, Nachtmystium, Altar of Plagues *drools*

Damn straight its awesome and ill be there! But dude, what about Jex Thoth, Lamp of Thoth, Yob, PAGAN ALTAR!, Firebird, John Garcia (ex Kyuss singer), and DEATH ROW (members of early 80's Pentagram lineup). Those are the killer bands for me. Especially Death Row. I'm one of the biggest fans of the 80's Pentagram line up you will ever meet and i think Victor Griffin will do a great job on vocals in place of Bobby Liebling. His vocals are great in Place of Skulls.

I shall be there! Same with Headbangers Open Air! Can't bloody wait!

And i'm even more annoyed for actually missing Headbangers Open Air this year!!!
Look at this for fuck's sake!!!:OMG:

flyer.jpg

p.s. Dude ya gotta bring me back an ICON tshirt!!!