Wacken Open Air streaming live right now!!

Thanks for your wonderful insight as usual. :lol: So just overall not great. I was just wondering if it was instrumentally, vocally, etc.

I think outdoor shows bands never sound as good. Very hollow. Those huge fest never get me excited due to the fact the big stage just doesnt work for 90% of those bands. Most do better on a smaller stage. Plus as Jason has pointed out....it is just a bunch of hired guns. Nothing will ever beat that Metro Show for me with In Flames / Jag panzer for the perfect Iced Earth show. It was flawless.

I think outdoor shows bands never sound as good. Very hollow. Those huge fest never get me excited due to the fact the big stage just doesnt work for 90% of those bands. Most do better on a smaller stage. Plus as Jason has pointed out....it is just a bunch of hired guns. Nothing will ever beat that Metro Show for me with In Flames / Jag panzer for the perfect Iced Earth show. It was flawless.

I can agree with that about the outdoor fests, though some year I definitely would like to go. Sucks I wasn't a fan back then for the tour you speak of.