Wacken

lumitalvi

IkiHorros Hypocrazy
Jul 20, 2003
Tamperkele, Tammerfrost, FIN
Visit site
I´m still going on and on about this.

Those of you who have been there before, could you please tell me a bit what it is like??
I have understood there is sand instead of grass. Does it create problems?
What about the toilets and washing possibilities? Crowded?

Do you have any idea when is the LATEST time to start ordering the tickets? I mean, is there a big possibility the tickets run out? And when might this be...??

And anything else that comes to mind. Pleeezz....
I have been at Bang Your Head once, so I know a bit about these kind of festivals, but still :)

:worship:

I was there in 2002. When we arrived there it was raining, so the ground turned to really smelly mud. Then they brought straw to help to dry the field. The result was smelly muddy straw, that some people used to throw onto others while bands were playing. The toilets sucked as usual and the shower had really long queues in the morning. Cheap booze and good music compensates for all the bad things. We had relly great time there.

It can also be relly freezing at night, so remember to take warm clothes with you.

The Scourge said:
Spoiled Europeans. All I have is the abysmal Milwaukee Metalfest each year :(
There's also this Deathfest in Ohio. a few friends of mine go there every year *g*. Tho no idea how far away it is from your place :oops:. I'm not really the best in the US geography *gg*

hey..
if you wanna go to wacken, move your ass!
the tickets are limited because the festival was crowded in the past!
ok toilets, shower........i think its the same shit on ervery festival, isnt it!
but HEY, WHO NEEDS TO WASH HIMSELF WHEN HE HAS BEER AND DRY UNDERWEAR!? *fg*
the ground is a real problem! when it rains, it can happen that youre standing ´til your knees into mud! no joke... :(

With me not drinking, I never get to the point where I wouldn´t care what happens around me. Dry underwear... yeah, that´s good to have. :lol:

Sure the tickets are limited, I´m not wondering about that, I´d just like to know if anyone has any knowledge of the time-range. Like... is March too late to order?

The Scourge said:
Spoiled Europeans. All I have is the abysmal Milwaukee Metalfest each year :(

I feel your pain, Scourge! I feel like we in the US get screwed because most ignorant Americans like shit music like Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, or Linkin Park. :ill: Even the "metal" that gets radio airplay sucks ass.
I hate Nu-metal.

lumitalvi said:
It isn´t that easy and cheap to travel from Finland to Germany :(

haha sweet.
i had to fly 5 hours to get germany and then we had to drive something like 11 hours to get wacken, i think it wont be a problem to get over germany from europe.

and it was so great there, a lot of people, very good music, alcohol, sometimes it was dark and sometimes it was sunny, you will get tired of standing on your legs and see a really great band!
get your ass and go to wacked, it's a really cool experience

Wacken is great , you will enjoy it , been there a couple of years now and still going , great atomsphere , cheap beer , massiv stages , i wasnt botherd with any mudd.. its grass , didnt notice the rain... i got crisped down there haha
all in all a kick ass place unless your a person that cant handle getting roughed up a bit haha

@lumitalvi
Wacken is in my opinion the best Festival !!
Not because of the bands or the Festival Site itself...
It´s because of the people there ... nearly the whole World is coming to Wacken !! (Germany, Austria, France, England, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Poland, Italy .. aso.. we met people from Mexico and Australia there too !!!)
- The best thing is, that the music there is almost only Metal !! - u will never see there bands like Linkin Park, Limb Pisskids, or shit like that !!!! - so everyone is in the same mood !!! - not as on WFF for example there u´ll see burning tends and things like that ... i never heard of anything like that in WOA !!
btw. there were only Sand in 2001 !!! 2000, 2002, 2003 u can camp on grass !!
The camping-site is directly next to the Festival-Site, u can park ur car next to ur tent !!!!! - i can´t imagine any Festival where this is possible...

@rotten_doll:
if u fly to Hamurg u only need about 1-2 hours to get there...
From Munich we need 6 - 8 hours by car and about 10 hours by train... and Munich is nearly 900 kilometers away from Wacken !!!!

I would go to Wacken even if there will be no Band for me !!! The camping site is such ass kicking great fun !!! - Had my best Festival Time always in Wacken !!

edit: The Festival is official starting on Thursday, but we come every year on Tuesday !! - The Party is beginning on the Camping Ground the whole week !!
From Wednesday on u can go into Headbangers Ballroom Tent and switch to Headbanging mode until 06:00 clock in the morning !! (funny to watch the Metal-Karaoke - u will laugh ur ass off, seeing drunk people trying to sing !! :D )

Ensomt hjerte said:
@rotten_doll:
if u fly to Hamurg u only need about 1-2 hours to get there...
From Munich we need 6 - 8 hours by car and about 10 hours by train... and Munich is nearly 900 kilometers away from Wacken !!!!

and if i dont have the money to fly to hamburg?! :)

Shit you guys....you made me really want to go now:(
something happened to me,you see.My boyfriend and I are buying our own place now and all my money will go into that!!!
This is not 100% sure, but I´m afraid that Wacken isn´t gonna happen to me this year either. But you speak too highly of it... I have to figure something out.
Thank you so much to everyone from telling stuff about this.

i have never seen a burning tent on the WFF!
but the WFF has the great KNÜPPELNACHT!
and the bands on the mainstage are mixed so everbody has something to see...if you dont like the band, you have a good break and you can go to your tent and have some beer....or eat something!

ileddoz said:
i have never seen a burning tent on the WFF!
but the WFF has the great KNÜPPELNACHT!
and the bands on the mainstage are mixed so everbody has something to see...if you dont like the band, you have a good break and you can go to your tent and have some beer....or eat something!

--> i could u sent some pics of theese tents... and next to the fire there are standing those guys who made it.. bringing camping chairs und tables which are just standing around, throwing them into the fire...
and that´s not what i call a good and friendly Festival

I've been in Wacken four times now, for me it's the best festival! The people, the atmosphere, the variety of bands who play there is just great. You just have to overlook the sanitary facilities. But I must admit that they are getting better every year. If you have a chance of going there - GO! :)

As far as I know, people from foreign countries are still able to get their tickets at the festival ground. The limited ticket sale is only for Germany. But I'm not 100% sure about this.