Waltz For The Fallen (Revolted Masses)

This is sick man! I would love to do a mix of this. Your mix sounds great by the way.

Hello guys! Long time no see! Today we uploaded our brand new official music video for "Waltz For The Fallen". Any opinions are more than welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNUJmV1TlTU&feature=youtu.be

As some of you might remember, a couple of years ago I uploaded the stems for one of our songs. If many of you are interested we can also do that for "Waltz For The Fallen".
Cheers!

Definitely cool mix!

Only (minor) complaints I have that there is definitely missing quite a bit low end in my opinion, I'm definitely having a hard time hearing bass guitar, kicks could have been a bit beefier too.
The guitar tone sounds a bit harsh to my ears.
The snare sound is a bit distracting as well imho, something with the ring I don't like, can't really point my finger at it.

Furthermore stellar song and mix! :)

Thank you for your replies so far.
It is true that the low end is something I struggled with. Double bass kick is really busy in all of the songs of this album, so I decided to "take" my low end from there. As a result, when there is no busy double bass playing, the low end is missing a bit.
More EQ automation might have been a wise choice.

Cheers for the feedback, keep it coming.

Guys, don't think twice and please give us the chance to bring new aproach to the mix of WFTF. Killer song, killer video but I agree with MartijnPaauwe about lacking some bottom end. :heh:

I'm finding the guitars really detached from the mix.
Too scratchy and mid forward.
There is not much low end on anything, especially the kicks and bass.
Sounds pretty good apart from the above.
Also would love to mix this.

Wow guys, this is a proper mix critique right there! Thank you very much for your time.
I just decided to mix some things differently from a typical metal mix, to suit the music of Revolted Masses, and I am not throwing that as an excuse.
Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate your feedback, keep it coming.

4-5 guys want the multitracks so far, if we reach, let's say 10 people we will upload it here for mixing purposes.

By the way, Fotis Benardo (ex-Septic Flesh) came by the studio to help us with the drum tuning and mic placement, and he did a really good job, so the audio sources are really nice (based on our somewhat limited equipment).

Still thinking about this, really appreciate the fact that you guys have shown some interest. Will monitor this thread from time to time and if more people post we will post the multitracks.
By the way, Age Of Descent, our album is out now all over Europe, you can order a copy or get a cool T-Shirt if you contact the band via FB. Soon we will update our Bandcamp page

Love it! Just a tiny nitpick of mine is I feel there could be a tiny bit more bottom, but take that with a grain of salt as I'm listening on cans.

Keep em coming and we'll keep listening.