Revolted Masses: Free Multitracks with real drums for you (+free CDs!)

So, this still gets a lot of attention so why not keep it for another 2 weeks?
End of January is the final (we promise!) deadline!

I will take the time to listen to the mixes over the coming days. ;)

If you say the original mix is a 9 / 10... how many points would you give my version of it?

Hello again WoodenCube, as said on a previous post, we didn't upload the tracks for contest purposes, so it it really difficult for me to rate your mix. There are many reasons for this:
First of all i mixed the song, but i don't really feel like an accomplished audio engineer to rate other people mixes with a grade! I can say my honest opinion though, based on my current knowledge, and that's what I try to do!
We appreciate your efforts and that's what counts for us the most. ;)

Enough with the philosophical aspect of the thread, some feedback on the mixes:

Dtabs85:
Even better attempt man. I think there is audible clipping during the opening riff and melody. Improved a lot of things, loved the automation in the lead solo and on some vox parts, shows you devoted a lot of time. Cheers!

darkness of erebos:
Good effort dude! I feel there is a lot of sub bass frequencies, as if you have added MaxxBass on the bass and/or the mastering chain. This aspect of the mix does not let the ither instruments cut through I am afraid! Like how you blended the vocals though. Cheers man, keep it up!

SkylarWanke:
There are some issues with the stereo bus and the balance, volume and frequency-wise. Some not proper timing with the leads as well. Like the idea to use bassdrops though. Cheers!

Adegheiz: Thank you man, it is not late, we will let this up until the end of the month (final deadline)

Hello MystycalFanfare. Nice effort dude, even though there is audible clipping (hot mastering maybe?), you managed to make everything sound big. Is there a delay in the gang vox? COOL, never thought of that! It might be wrong placed too, but sounds cool either way! Cheers man! :)

One week left guys!

Hello MystycalFanfare. Nice effort dude, even though there is audible clipping (hot mastering maybe?), you managed to make everything sound big. Is there a delay in the gang vox? COOL, never thought of that! It might be wrong placed too, but sounds cool either way! Cheers man! :)

One week left guys!

Hey Vaggelis, thanks for feedback!
Clipping on which instrument?

Yes, I thought it would be huge sounding on gang with delays, perhaps too much?

No problem man!
Forget about the clipping, i was talking about the whole mix, but listening to it again, it is a problem with my web browser.
It is just cool to add delay on gang vox, i would never imagine doing that, i found it creative. Keep it up!

Hey guys, been lurking around on these forums lately, this is the first track I've ever mixed, so if you guys could give me some criticism I would greatly appreciate it. I definitely learned a LOT from listening to the other mixes and working on my own, huge thanks for putting up those multitracks :)

https://soundcloud.com/ich666/revolted-masses-revolted

Here is my mix:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1457645/Revolted Masses.mp3

Let me talk a bit about this (I know no one cares!lol), this was great to learn, mixing the drums was a hell of a job. This because I just didnt want to replace all with samples like 100%, so I fought a lot to have a good snare in the mix, without sounding totally fake and loosing some dynamic. I think was the most hard to achieve. Still think it came quite good.

Due to my lazyness and also to a lot, really a lot of work that the vocal tracks need, I just worked the main tracks. I know, shame on me. But really, there is a lot of work to do to make it sound good, lots of compression, fx, eq, needs a lot of automation. I know I would make it better with more time and patience but again, still think it´s not bad at all besides the lack of work in the vocal tracks.

Wow! Is it my PC/browser, or the last 5-6 posts were deleted??? I commented on all the mixes, we announced the winners along with thanks and various other stuff! What happened to the thread, any idea!? I will contact an admin soon!

Thank you! Posted there as well! It is too bad, as i listened to all the mixes, wrote several paragraphs on many aspects of this procedure, gathered all the participants and announced the winners, hope we won't have to repeat everything from the very beginning!

If Erik above wasn't one of the winners I'm going to eat my computer. :lol:
He has made some of the best mixes I've heard in my life.

So, I sent a pm to the admins, posted to the other thread as well but didn't get any response to this problem from someone who can restore the deleted posts! It's a shame, but nothing that can't be fixed! I will make sure to rewrite the post, too bad about the feedback on the latest mixes (it is also gone) but i will do my best to listen to the tracks again!

Almost ditched this song because the project file somehow got corrupted(i have tracks dissapearing sometimes, guess my old HDD is giving up).
Anyway i managed to get half of the project back together again so i thought i give it another go.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, after several days of recording/mixing i finally found the time to re-write most of the missing posts! Unfortunately no time for reposting the feedback on the last mixes but i might find some more time over the coming days for that too.

First of all thank you very much for your contribution. 32 people sent their mixes! We really respect the time spent to mix the song, and it was a great thing to listen to all those mixes. As a result, we decided to give another free cd (whick makes a total of 3 "Us Or Them" full length albums to be sent for free!)

We really don't feel this is a contest. Listening to all these mixes, some of the tracks posted are even better than the originan mix we did ourselves, but all of you devoted time and passion to deliver a mix, so that's what counts the most for us. We decided to pick the 3 winners randomly, and avoid the competition which really has no meaning in a situation like this.

So the 3 winners (randomly chosen, on the deleted threads I even made a list of every single one of you who posted a mix) are:

sinquestsound
Erik Monsonis
Nuno Filipe

We will contact you as soon as possible. If someone does not reply within 1 month we will pick another winner, so keep an eye on the thread.

Thank you again, by the way the whole "Us Or Them" album is now uploaded on YouTube. Check it out here:

Last edited by a moderator:
All the winners have replied! We will send a full length shortly. You can still send your mixes on this thread, we will make sure to check it out from time to time. Thank you all once again, it we really fun! Greetings from Greece :)