want michael wagener's fav. guitar EQ?

colonel kurtz

Sep 7, 2006
cause i have one, i never use it, and would be totally down to trade for an EMG 81 with quick-connects, pots, jack, etc. etc.

the unit in question is a UREI 530, 9-band stereo EQ, which wagener has stated multiple times on gearslutz is his all-time fav. guitar EQ. who knows, maybe he prefers something else now, but dude has loved these things for a long-ass time either way!

i'm attaching a pic that isn't my unit, but looks just like it - even down to the 3 broken slider knobs. i have the pieces of the busted slider knobs if you want to try to glue them together, but i consider them a lost cause at this point. i can also definitely get pics of the one sitting in my rack, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow when my phone is charged up(battery is 100% dead, charger is at work :erk:). i suppose i can accept cash if a reasonable offer is made, but i'm really only scrapping this thing because i never use it and i need $$ for an 81!

edit: my unit actually looks better than the one pictured - none of the text or numbers have rubbed off of mine! also, shipping withing the US and canada only.

urei530a.jpg

urei530b.jpg

Epic thread btw:lol:
An Urei for an 81:loco::lol:

well to be perfectly honest, these things don't seem to fetch all that much on the used market - seems like they go for anywhere between $50-$100 depending on their condition, and seeing how an 81 is really the only piece of gear i'm looking for in that price range, i figured a straight-up swap on them would be pretty fair!

on top of that, i got the thing for free anyways - the school i was going to was selling it, and another student told me he'd buy it for me if i mixed his final project for him. i went ahead and did it, and it's just been sitting here in my rack looking pretty for the last couple of years.

well to be perfectly honest, these things don't seem to fetch all that much on the used market - seems like they go for anywhere between $50-$100 depending on their condition, and seeing how an 81 is really the only piece of gear i'm looking for in that price range, i figured a straight-up swap on them would be pretty fair!

on top of that, i got the thing for free anyways - the school i was going to was selling it, and another student told me he'd buy it for me if i mixed his final project for him. i went ahead and did it, and it's just been sitting here in my rack looking pretty for the last couple of years.

I understand but original post still sound epic:lol:

Where are you located? I dont have an 81 on hand that I can part with, but Rob Turner (EMG's founder is a friend of mine and lives on the other side of town from me) It would take me all of 15 min to get an 81 into my hands. I want that EQ!