War is disgusting

anarchist

New Metal Member
Dec 25, 2003
It has been a long time since I listend to Anthrax or read any news on them. listened to them throughout the 1990's growing up through high school and drew a lot of inspiration from their lyrics - anti-racism especially.

I was surprised to see that letter from a man employed by the United states military to kill people on this band's website. I cannot believe that the band who helped me to resist the blatantly racist attitudes of the small town I grew up in, would show such support for a war in which racism hsa certainly played a large part. The fact that they would post the photos of that K9 with a pentagram on it, a Western Occult symbol that is offensive to any Muslim, Christian or Jew, and that Anthrax persons would find it so great that this altereted symbol be used by persons who are over in Iraq torturing, killing and degrading people of another culture so that elite persons in this country can profit from it, shows me that Anthrax has not taken seriously one of the messages I heard from this as a youth.

Everyone wants to be a patriot of America now...what about those songs Anthrax did about the Indaians being wiped out because of this nationalism?

dude shut the fuck up. I hate war just as much as you do but the soldier you are speaking of is clearing houses of explosives. Thats a very constructive operation. and i'm pretty sure he doesn't go shoving his anthrax shirt in every middle eastern face. don't be so quick to call racist.
I'm also pretty sure they don't let fonda walk around in the shirt. One: it's constricting and two: it has a pentagram on it. You think a military run by mostly christian rightwingers would let that go on?

anarchy dieasn't work there will always be a leader. in anarchy it would be the one with the most guns.

-Jono-

Also, oh brilliant one, the pentagram is in no way " a Western Occult symbol that is offensive to any Muslim, Christian or Jew". In truth it arises from ancient Mesopotamia, and the inverted one from the days of Pythagoras. It's meanings go deeper than that of most religious symbols used today.

Maybe a little reseach before you go running off at the mouth next time?

edit: this post is a mess, if u dont want to loose time skip it

for what can count i was surprised too (though i still dunno all their albums, but for what i could listen), not cos the t-shirt was like an offence or else...i mean who cares, if someone dont like it , he can watch somewhere else, but cos it was like they supported the war....that was my very first thought, i mean , i just thought to refuse to be denied song and thought that maybe it wasnt really as i got it, u know fuck the ideologies, the im better than u or ur better than me stuff etc... but then i thought that maybe who made this war didnt do it really to free iraq ppl , but soldiers maybe did it for that reason....i mean probably many of them just went there cos they needed money or just for the thrill of killing, but many others are there cos they want to help those ppl for real. yeah u could think that they are like nazies cos they got the attitude of every soldier, "i just was doing what they ordered", and u could think that they are partner in crime, but really, if this war is to free iraq ppl than its right, if its for economic reasons then anyway i dont think solidiers will have those moneys...so they do it for freedom for real...duh...ok im totally confused about it , but anyway the guy who sent that letter is a great one....he risks alot and hes there to help not to kill
anyway its just cos ppl tend to follow leaders and believe in them like a father or god that there are wars, otherwise neither saddam would have been that strong, like hitler , mussolini , etc , but anyway thats the way some ppl are, so if they start to gain power and to conquer and to dominate what can u do? yeah u can watch another place , but ur not better than them then, and anyway the problem could get bigger
anyway if u go back in time, they did steal the land of palestinians , the better part of it if i heard it well....i mean they acted same way not respecting those ppl and then "those ppl" got mad , and started killing western ppl, and as an answer western governaments killed them back....i mean its hard to tell who is right and whos wrong...probably with some more respect there wouldnt be much of this mess...but in the end its not the way we are.....theres whos strong and wants to dominate the others, and among them there is who accept it, and who doesnt , and if u dont accept it thats cos probably u want to have the power too, but at this point if ur not a total moron u should remember the way u felt when someone tried to keep u down and if u ever had the power back u should "give it to ppl" , i mean tell them that they can live without following the boss and trying/waiting to take hes place, but u know we are total morons....and in the end if there was peace and calm we maybe would get bored and start war again....i mean the only true thing is that its all ridiculous, and after all u can try hard to change things or be the best but in the end some more time and ur gone , so fuck, instead of making mess we could just understand that point , get scared and come closer to feel good, but we wont , and anyway who cares ...let them play their games if they like, or laugh at them , or make ur own, whatever ....

If you live in a free country you do so because of war. War sucks no doubt but at times it's necessary.
I personally think the current war in Iraq is a good idea, if you disagree with me I'm totally cool with that but if you're so fucking stupid as to say it's a war about race you're a fucking idiot.
Also just because the band shows support for our troops doesn't mean they support the war, it just means they wish them well and hope they come back home safe and sound and that's something those of us on both sides of the issue with half a brain can agree on.
Btw I AM a Christian and the Pentathrax symbol doesn't offend me at all. It's all done in good fun.

people find any bull shit alterior motive to tack on to a war, bla bla bla racism bla bla bla its for oil, bla bla bla its for world domination, i mean a time comes when people have to set aside bull shit and support each other in a unified fight to better the world as a whole. I can look at people like saddam, hitler, and stalin and find a common factor of human disregaurd that was taken to the extremes of brutality. I think theres a time to support war and theres a time to protest it, i think the war on terror, from where im looking at it right now, isen't one to protest.

~Whether you like it or not, our armed forces are doing their best to make sure that in the future people don't bomb buildings and ships, or hijack planes to crash them into buildings holding 3,000 people or worse. Our initial motives for getting rid of the Iraqi regiem may have been incorrect... but getting rid of Sadam and his dictatorship was the right thing to do. Why the US? Because this country is the last country who is willing to take that kind of initiative. Hopefully one day terror will be a notion of that past, but as of right now we're still disliked by many people.

~And as for the star in a circle, grow up. You can't listen to metal and not expect to see a few of these. If something like that offends people, then they deserve to be offended because they are weak-minded. I frequently wear a necklace that has a pentagram over a crucifix, what does it mean? Does it even matter? It's just a necklace. I'm not out to change people's attitude about my character, I just like the way it looks on. The problem with organised religion is that you take everthing too seriously! God has a sense of humor, why can't you?
~BTW isn't Scott Ian Jewish? Should he be offended by his own album cover?

anarchist said:
It has been a long time since I listend to Anthrax or read any news on them. listened to them throughout the 1990's growing up through high school and drew a lot of inspiration from their lyrics - anti-racism especially.

I was surprised to see that letter from a man employed by the United states military to kill people on this band's website. I cannot believe that the band who helped me to resist the blatantly racist attitudes of the small town I grew up in, would show such support for a war in which racism hsa certainly played a large part. The fact that they would post the photos of that K9 with a pentagram on it, a Western Occult symbol that is offensive to any Muslim, Christian or Jew, and that Anthrax persons would find it so great that this altereted symbol be used by persons who are over in Iraq torturing, killing and degrading people of another culture so that elite persons in this country can profit from it, shows me that Anthrax has not taken seriously one of the messages I heard from this as a youth.

Everyone wants to be a patriot of America now...what about those songs Anthrax did about the Indaians being wiped out because of this nationalism?
First of all, Anthrax is against the war like you, but they understand that people are out there in Iraq trying to protect our freedom, and they really have no choice either way. While some people (like you) think Saddam should have stayed in power and continued to torture and murder innocent citizens for eternity.
Second, I hope a suicide bomber visits your parents.
And third, I hope you get drafted, then we can all call you a murderer.
Then, fourth, maybe after those things happen, you will finally be able to remove your head from your ass.

I think this war is a necessary evil. Here in Sweden we have many kurdish and iraqi refugees and imigrants. A kurdish friend told me how his older cousin got drafted before the first Gulf war. Units with many kurds in them were used as frontline shields, but many soldiers in those units just deserted and waved a white flagg at the first yanks they saw.

The citizens of Iraq are probably not too optimistic about the US-British promises... many of those who now applaud the new "free iraq" were old business-partners to Saddam, and the US and Bush administration were not the only ones with connections... France sold Saddam helicopters, Mirage F1-fighters and supplied him with parts for the nuclear power plant in Osirak (the one that the Israeli air force destroyed), in 1984 the iraqis wanted Frances help to rebuild it but they declined. So it´s ironic that France and Germany complain about the occupation... the were into selling him stuff and supporting him too

Russia sold him fire arms, tanks, fighters and SCUDs, China sold him tanks. Italy meant to sell him new frigates (that order was canceled before Saddam invaded Kuwait I think). So what we seem to have here is a long list of supportes and friends in high places, maybe we should put a lot of those guys in jail or kill them along with the redneck from Tikrit.

Damn... I´m such a cynical fuck... sorry.

War sucks and we have to deal with it. anarchist gets some knuts dude, dumbass.
I think the band posted the soldiers note because they felt good that their work could inspire a regular citizien doing his\her job in a tough situation. I know my political views differ in some ways that Scott Ian's but I can still listen to and be inspired by the music he helps to create. Remember this is America we have conflicts all the time, day to day and still manage to get the job done.