Is there any animosity between 'thrax and metallica?

LORD_GALVATRON

New Metal Member
Mar 13, 2002
The ATL.
Visit site
I for the life of me can't figure out why metallica wouldn't take anthrax on tour with them [assuming anthrax would want to] other than anthrax isn't a flavor of the month band.

LORD_GALVATRON said:
I for the life of me can't figure out why metallica wouldn't take anthrax on tour with them [assuming anthrax would want to] other than anthrax isn't a flavor of the month band.

Yeah I think this was brought to the boards attention before. I don't exactly know why, but I'm pretty sure they've toured with eachother before.

Both bands are past their prime. Touring together at this stage would be disasterous. The early 90's would have been the time for that.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Drokk said:
Europe 1986, when Cliff was killed.

beat me to it.

Anyway, Scott said he would love to tour with them. But nothing on Metallica's end.

Personaly, that would be a very tricky situation for me - I would not be caught dead buying a metallica ticket - but I have seen Anthrax every time they have come within 200 miles of Philly in the past 4 years.... What on Earth would I do?

GregadetH said:
Both bands are past their prime. Touring together at this stage would be disasterous. The early 90's would have been the time for that.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

In my opinion(and I think mine is more valid since I play music), Anthrax are in their prime. I just saw them play the other night. Scott is playing more incredible than ever, Joey sounds really good, Frank is his usual crazy ass self, and Charlie is on point. Even Danny sounds better than last time I saw him.

I can't say much of the same for Metallica. I'll give a shout out to their production crew though.

I still would have loved to have attended their recent gigs but more to see the Rolling Stones. Pretty sad coming from a headbanger.

i dont think its that friendly between both bands to be quite honest,hell even way back when after among the living they were offered support for a show,charlie wsas saying something about they wouldnt move the drum riser back so charlie had no room,he asked for it to be moved back a little but they refused,plus i think they realise anthrax would still blow them off the stage like they did at donington all thosae years ago.

Anthrax opening for Metallica would be about as lame as this reunion or opening for Judas Priest or this recent Vaccine thing so now's the perfect time I guess.

AlexStomp said:
In my opinion(and I think mine is more valid since I play music), Anthrax are in their prime. I just saw them play the other night. Scott is playing more incredible than ever, Joey sounds really good, Frank is his usual crazy ass self, and Charlie is on point. Even Danny sounds better than last time I saw him.

Wether or not you actually play music makes no difference as to the validity of your opinion. In short, don't be a dick.

GregadetH said:
Wether or not you actually play music makes no difference as to the validity of your opinion. In short, don't be a dick.

The fact that Alex just saw them the other day does validate his opinion.
I'm impressed that a hardcore Bush fan like Alex would post "Anthrax are in their prime"! Alex gave reasons supporting his statement and you just called him a dick. There is no time like present.
stfuoreo.jpg

Well of course they are in their prime...I mean, Charlie only gets better and better and tighter as a drummer, that's bound to make the entire band sound better. Frank kicks serious ass, too. Scott has always ruled, but has better tone now than he did back in the day (that goes for all of them). I can't speak for Spitz or Joey but they probably haven't changed all that much from the original days. I've never been a Joey fan but I'm not going to knock him, of course I think they were better with Bush but I'm not going to say Joey's not in his prime, because I'm not in a place to judge that, as I never liked him even back in the day. I'd say the WCFYA tour they were in their prime for sure as a live band. They ruled. Saw 7 shows on that tour, wasn't let down once. I'm sure they are probably great live now, too. I mean, Dan would have to suck something fierce to bring down the powerhouse that is Scott, Charlie, and Frank, and I seriously doubt that. He's probably cool live. But I still miss Rob. But as far as the lineup on tour right now, who's to say they aren't in their prime? I'm sure most of them are way better musicians than they were originally so I'm sure they are jammin'.

Bleearg said:
The fact that Alex just saw them the other day does validate his opinion.
I'm impressed that a hardcore Bush fan like Alex would post "Anthrax are in their prime"! Alex gave reasons supporting his statement and you just called him a dick. There is no time like present.
stfuoreo.jpg

I was saying the fact that he's a musician doesn't make his opinions any more valid than the rest of ours. Way to miss the point there big guy.

I just think you should go see how good the shows are right now. Alex has seen a few reunion shows and doesn't seem too dissapointed now.

GregadetH~ Both bands are past their prime. Touring together at this stage would be disasterous. The early 90's would have been the time for that.

Why is that?
Hindsight and opinions are wonderful!
What are the reasons for these opinions?

:wave: Well, bash me if you want to - but I only liked Anthrax with Bush and there's no point in me posting until he's the current singer on stage or on record with the band.

When/if that ever happens I'll grace these boards again.

Have a good 'un

-Greg