Scott supporting Metallica

Stormwatch

Cock.
May 2, 2003
Fortress of Arrogance
I'm just wondering why Scott's posted in his alphamail about how great Metallica are, they're the kings of metal etc? I mean, St Anger is shite compared to WCFYA! I dont see James or Lars telling everyone how great Anthrax are or even taking them out on tour (they obviously know Anthrax would blow them away so they take out Linkin Park instead, what a fucking joke).
If there was any justice Anthrax would be selling millions while St Anger sold nothing like WCFYA is apparently doing. Scott should forget Metallica - if they were his friends they'd give them a break and take them out on tour.
I'm starting to hate Metallica these days.

Ahh, the beauty of AnthraX: supporting those who do not need it, and getting none in return.

really though, a met/thrax show could happen, but not just cause james says so. That's the shitty part of the term "music business".

James has often made references to how he enjoys the freedom they have gained by being mega-stars.
If you have that kind of freedom, you can take anyone you want to on tour.
I personally think they are taking bands like Linkin Park, to appeal to the younger crowd, thereby 'keep the machine rolling'.

its all up to the managers dude,metallica prob dont have much control of it,i have alot of respect for kid rock,he took out david allan coe on tour with him when everyone else said he was mad,turns out the kids knew all the words to the rhinestone cowboys songs.

Matt Bello said:
I'm not a big metallica fans, but dont forget, James as said that Only was a perfect song...
Jamez was still drinking then!:p
I think Scott can keep hoping to get a
call from Metallica. It's not gomma happen.
They can't even sell 15,000 records anymore.
What would be the point of having a band that has very little
interest?:loco:

Cincy Vigilante said:
Yeah, if the Metallica said we want Anthrax on the tour I think it would happen.
Yeah, that is probably true, but in the business sense, it makes more sense to have Korn Bizkit, Linkin Korn, Korntones, and Kornvayne.
Really, I had a nice discussion with Greg Graffin from BR about this, I asked him about touring w/ Pearl Jam. It was PJ's own headlining arena tour, shows were announced prior to BR being added, so it wasn't like they were gonna hinder all of these already sold out shows (this was in 94) and PJ wanted BR, but it was a pain in the ass to get it done for both sides. Just to get BR, who were happy to oblige, on for the west coast dates at the request of PJ was a HASSLE. Everyone has a say in who goes out, not the last word, but a say: promoters, managers, labels, the bands etc. But you are probably right, if Metallica really wanted Anthrax, it would happen.

thunderhead said:
I like St. Anger, and although Scott hasn't listened to it yet(according to the last AlphaMail) I'm sure he'll get just as excited about it as some of have.
I don't know about all that. I don't fancy myself a critic, but I think St. Anger will be Metallica's (Music From) The Elder or On Her Satanic Majesties Request

Didn't Anthrax give Metallica a place to live when they were in New York while they were recording the "Kill em alll" album? Also, didn't Scott and Milano stop some hardcore skinheads from kicking the shit out them too? It's a shame how big rock stars forget those who helped them along the way. :yell:

Yeah, but if Metallica takes Anthrax out, then the fans of Diamond Head and Budgie say "why don't you support these bands, whose songs you cover?" And then Jerry Only says "hey, you got a lot of mileage out of the Misfits catalog, why not take out this shell of a band I'm calling The Misfits?" I think the problem (and we should all have such problems!) is that once you're on top, EVERYONE is below you on the ladder -- and if you start trying to pull them all up, where do you stop?

Not saying it wouldn't rule to see Anthrax in the big sheds. I think to the business people around Metallica though, Anthrax isn't even on the radar -- these are people who think Mudvayne and Deftones (at 500,000 records sold) are "baby bands." Anyone not pulling in those sales figures just doesn't exist to them. Which makes sense, give the colossal amount of asses they have to put in seats for these shows.

Revolting Clown said:
Didn't Anthrax give Metallica a place to live when they were in New York while they were recording the "Kill em alll" album? Also, didn't Scott and Milano stop some hardcore skinheads from kicking the shit out them too? It's a shame how big rock stars forget those who helped them along the way. :yell:

I was at the studio that night when Metallica arrived from Cali., and Scott's words were something like, we're helping them out as much as we can because someday we may be on the West coast and need some help. I remember that well.
I can't believe that after Metallica broke big they've never taken them on a tour. I don't think they ever "repaid" them properly and that's why i've lost respect for them. I'm sure if they said either Anthrax is on the tour or we're not doing it, they would be on the tour.
What's even more annoying is they put out shit like "St. Anger" and the sheep buy it. Anthrax puts out a far superior album and....
Has anyone seen the "Safe Home" video besides on Headbangers Ball? "St. Anger" is on every five minutes. At least put it in rotation and give it a chance. How many times can one band get the short end of the straw??

Richie... right on!!!

TD makes good points about the business end of it, but ultimately, it can happen if Metallicrap wants it to happen. They can write their own ticket at this point in their careers. Lars is probably the cuntrag that's holding it up. He couldn't even buy Charlie a bag of Twizzlers.

Hey, maybe you are all young or i am too fuckin old, but i saw Anthrax support Metallica back in 1986 (20th september at birmingham odeon, UK). It was every bit as good as it sounds. If the same happened today, i think that i'd probably leave before the end of Metallicas set, or head straight to the bar. The anthrax of today is WAY better than the Metallica of today, and i used to be the biggest metallica fan on the planet!!!! In retrospect, they should have finished when cliff died (what would he have made of st. anger i wonder??????)

I'm not even pissed about Metallica being dicks and not being good friends to Anthrax - I'm just pissed that Scotts such a nice guy! He shouldnt be giving Metallica free publicity - they dont need it, theres plenty nu-metal fans going to buy St Anger anyway! Scott should stop publicly supporting Metallica until they return the fucking favour and start wearing WCFYA T-shirts and posting stuff on their site saying how good an album WCFYA is, instead of Lars changing his mind and deciding Fred Durst doesnt make him "want to vomit" any more.