Why doesnt Metallica take Anthrax on Tour

jdelpi said:
The setlists I saw of Metallica were mostly "nostalgia" if you ask me. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Well when your last decent album was 1987 then you aren't going to have much choice to play the "nostalgic" shit. Either that or really piss off alot of people.

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
I'd rather not see that, just because I don't have $200 to shell out to see Anthrax. :Smug:

If metallica kept with their current set list and they added anthrax on the bill, I would probably go.

Brat, you would have to start picking up pennies of the street and if you start now, you might have enough to go.o_O:loco::Spin:

refuse2Bdenied said:
I'd rather see Anthrax headline...

while it is nice to see them headline, I am getting tired of seeing only a couple hundred people at the shows. If getting to open for bigger bands would help gain them some more popularity, I will be more than glad to see metallica especially(despite their bad cds since '91) with their current set list.

AllWithinMyMonster said:
st anger fucker rules!! why you fucks hate on met. They made the metal scene. So stop being a bunch of bitches. Scott Ian is cool. So why cant u fuckheads be

Because we're a bunch of fucks and bitches mostly.

AllWithinMyMonster said:
st anger fucker rules!! why you fucks hate on met. They made the metal scene. So stop being a bunch of bitches. Scott Ian is cool. So why cant u fuckheads be
Dude, sell a CD and buy a dictionary and a grammar book... :err:

I said it before, for Metallica to truly return to metal, they needed to have a tour with Megadeth and Anthrax open. Anthrax (at the time I said this, Megadeth was still together and had just released "The World Needs A Hero" and Anthrax was in like year 2 or 3 of the Vol 8 fallout) would bring so much energy that Megadeth would play all their fast songs just to not be upstaged utterly (which they would anywayz) and that Metallica would be forced to play nothing but the fastest possible songs they could or else be in the wake of Thrax and Mustaine. Metallica got me into metal, but Megadeth and Anthrax are what really defined to me metal. Metallica is done, they broke up in the early 90's. Some other band bought the name and is tarnishing their name now.

Alright, first things first, I'd like to make a couple of points. The guy who likes St. Anger has an avatar of Michael Jackson, so that explains that. Also, Metallica is not metal anymore, so I doubt they will take any metal bands on tour anymore, such as Anthrax, Megadeth (when they come back), Slayer, etc. Thirdly, everyone saying that Anthrax will blow Metallica away on stage is a little biased, at the Summer Sanitarium, Metallica blew away everyone without a problem. Of course they did stick to mostly fast and heavy songs (minus Nothing Else Matters, which is good anyways). Finally, IF Anthrax did tour with Metallica, they'd probably be the first band playing and not many people would be there to see them anyways, as was the case for Mudvayne. Not many people saw them, only people that were there were already fans anyways. I think Anthrax should tri-headline (new word?) with Testament and Megadeth in Spring 2004, each band taking turns as headliners and each band performing for 90 minutes minimum.