Scott supporting Metallica

If you were to compare talent between Metallica and Anthrax, I think thrax comes out on top. Especially in the drum department. It really pisses me off when a good band goes unnoticed and the talentless bands get all the glory. If Kirk is a good friend to Scott as he states he is, then he should prove it. Wear an Anthrax t-shirt or tell people about W.C.F.Y.A. I don't think his new album doesn't need more publicity. It got much more than it should have. :yell:

$elloutica won't tour with anthrax cause they don't sell millions of records and don't play in front of 1000's of people night in night out!!

$elloutica will probally come of the limpwankshake stinkin vart tour and go tour with 50 cent eninem avril lavigne or a load of pop punk crap like blink good charlotte or whatever band is so damn kool to like at the moment!

Personally i would love to see another public enemy and anthrax tour!!!!!

Johnny Ace said:
Richie... right on!!!

TD makes good points about the business end of it, but ultimately, it can happen if Metallicrap wants it to happen. They can write their own ticket at this point in their careers. Lars is probably the cuntrag that's holding it up. He couldn't even buy Charlie a bag of Twizzlers.

John, I just had to vent a little,it just pisses me off that Metallica are everywhere you look, 1/2 hour blocks of video's, St. Anger on the radio every hour. Safe Home is a great SONG, a song with riffs put together, a song with structure and melody and SINGING. Where is it? It's a fuckin' crime. I blame all the people that are programmed to listen and like because it's Metallica. They haven't made a good album since "Justice". They can put out any piece of shit and it sells. The thing I hate most about this nu Metallica is it feels so calculated. Did anyone read where Kirk said that this album is gonna change metal and how bands make their albums? He even took credit for making Limp Bizkit re-do their album. I wouldn't even be proud of that.

O.K.....That's reaching a little too far into the realm of "aint gonna happen" LOL I could care less about a tour w/ MetallicA. And all the TRUE metal fans out there know what the better record is anyway.
Right now, Anthrax has the most valuable commodity the business can offer - Respect.
TONS of new bands respect 'em. As do many old.
Remember when 'Tallica could'nt get on the radio for shit, and AnthraX were on MTV constantly? Well, someone flipped the script and now 'Thrax are outside looking in - but what goes around comes around, and remember this... '' YOU CANNOT KILL WHAT DOESN'T DIE! " Their numbers gonna get called someday, and the faithful will be rewarded.

Long story short. MetallicA owe AnthraX nothing, and vice versa. Let's stop whining and watch them make it on their own. :Spin:

\m/ -GregadetH

GregadetH said:
O.K.....That's reaching a little too far into the realm of "aint gonna happen" LOL I could care less about a tour w/ MetallicA. And all the TRUE metal fans out there know what the better record is anyway.
Right now, Anthrax has the most valuable commodity the business can offer - Respect.
TONS of new bands respect 'em. As do many old.
Remember when 'Tallica could'nt get on the radio for shit, and AnthraX were on MTV constantly? Well, someone flipped the script and now 'Thrax are outside looking in - but what goes around comes around, and remember this... '' YOU CANNOT KILL WHAT DOESN'T DIE! " Their numbers gonna get called someday, and the faithful will be rewarded.

Long story short. MetallicA owe AnthraX nothing, and vice versa. Let's stop whining and watch them make it on their own. :Spin:

\m/ -GregadetH
I'm not saying that Metallica "owe" Anthrax anything, you would think that they would want to promote real music, but they take out Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit. That's a joke. Anyway, all i'm saying is that Metallica put out what in most people's opinion is a pile of shit and it sells because they are Metallica. It's cool if you like it, but the Anthrax album is just a lot better (and that's just my opinion), but if no one is gonna give it a chance (read radio and mtv) it's not going anywhere and after putting so much into this album how long will they go on without some success.

How long HAVE they gone on w/out " success "?
I truly believe that these guys DO hunger for success, but they also hunger to just make music too. Thats why I respect 'em.

FYI - You're post looked defensive, I wasn't attacking you or anything...and if it wasn't - my bad.

\m/ - GregadetH

If you have $10 you want $10 more... If you have $100 you want a $100 more... If you have $1,000 youant $1,000 more... If you have $10,000 you want $10,000 more... If you have $100,000 you want $100,000 more... If you have $1,000,000 you want $1,000,000 more... If you have $10,000,000 you dye your hair blonde and tour with bands half your age because you want $10,000,000 more... And when you have $10,000,000 who needs to help those who don't? Money is the root of all evil....... and Metallica is sucking off that evil cow until it bleeds (or sleeps).

DESPO424 said:
If you have $10 you want $10 more... If you have $100 you want a $100 more... If you have $1,000 youant $1,000 more... If you have $10,000 you want $10,000 more... If you have $100,000 you want $100,000 more... If you have $1,000,000 you want $1,000,000 more... If you have $10,000,000 you dye your hair blonde and tour with bands half your age because you want $10,000,000 more... And when you have $10,000,000 who needs to help those who don't? Money is the root of all evil....... and Metallica is sucking off that evil cow until it bleeds (or sleeps).

AMEN.
Fuck Metallica. I swear to God, $t. Anger is a joke. They just threw together a bunch of shit because the know it will $ell.......
They don't care about the fans, that was obvious before, but now that this horrible sounding album is out, it proves that they don't care about the music either.
It's all about the Benjamins..........

BIGPHAT442 said:
John, I just had to vent a little,it just pisses me off that Metallica are everywhere you look, 1/2 hour blocks of video's, St. Anger on the radio every hour. Safe Home is a great SONG, a song with riffs put together, a song with structure and melody and SINGING. Where is it? It's a fuckin' crime. I blame all the people that are programmed to listen and like because it's Metallica. They haven't made a good album since "Justice". They can put out any piece of shit and it sells. The thing I hate most about this nu Metallica is it feels so calculated. Did anyone read where Kirk said that this album is gonna change metal and how bands make their albums? He even took credit for making Limp Bizkit re-do their album. I wouldn't even be proud of that.

I agree... the best songs on the black album were the non-singles (all though I like Nothing Else Matters and the Ace Frehley rip-offs in the Sad But True solo). The best thing they did in the '90s was Garage Inc. Actually, an even better thing they did was to go away for years at a time.

Maybe Scott backs them to help Anthrax get exposure to people who would not normally listen to them, besides they're friends. I would like them to tour together but I hate stadium gigs. An arena would be great especially with general admission and no seats on the floor. Pantera and Slayer did that here in SoCal at the Long Beach Arena.

DarbysDad said:
Maybe Scott backs them to help Anthrax get exposure to people who would not normally listen to them, besides they're friends. I would like them to tour together but I hate stadium gigs. An arena would be great especially with general admission and no seats on the floor. Pantera and Slayer did that here in SoCal at the Long Beach Arena.

I really don't think that Scott hasn't heard the Metallica album yet. It's kind of impossible. I just think that he doesn't want to say anything negative. I can't blame him, they are friends. I'd rather he just doesn't say anything than say it's good if he doesn't think it is.

Lars ulRICH once said that he would make copies and share albums with a friends, but after he made it big with metallica, he went after napster users calling them thieves.

Talk about being two faced.

OH, by the way...the actual proverb is 'The LOVE of money is the root of all evil." and NOT "Money is the root of all evil."

They probably won't, but let's hope they do!!
When was the last time Anthrax were on tour with Slayer?? I'm sorry, I don't know...

InfernalKeith said:
Yeah, but if Metallica takes Anthrax out, then the fans of Diamond Head and Budgie say "why don't you support these bands, whose songs you cover?" And then Jerry Only says "hey, you got a lot of mileage out of the Misfits catalog, why not take out this shell of a band I'm calling The Misfits?" I think the problem (and we should all have such problems!) is that once you're on top, EVERYONE is below you on the ladder -- and if you start trying to pull them all up, where do you stop?

Not saying it wouldn't rule to see Anthrax in the big sheds. I think to the business people around Metallica though, Anthrax isn't even on the radar -- these are people who think Mudvayne and Deftones (at 500,000 records sold) are "baby bands." Anyone not pulling in those sales figures just doesn't exist to them. Which makes sense, give the colossal amount of asses they have to put in seats for these shows.

Just my 2 cents but Jerry Only has nothing to do with the legacy of the MISFITS. Its all Glenn Danzig and never forget that. Jerry Only is making a joke out of the Misfits name by releasing bullshit like Project 1950s.

blakmetalemp said:
St. Anger is shit compared to Pat Boone's In A Metal Mood.
:lol:

Ain't that the truth. I'll at least listen to the latter one without gagging.

I'm beginning to think that Metallica was right about the whole Napster thing. Why? Because Bob Rock couldn't afford to produce the album and it sounds like crap. Because Lars couldn't afford drums and had to bang on garbage cans. Because James couldn't afford anymore singing lessons, although unfortunately still seems to think that he can sing. I have tried on many occasions to like St. Anger, but it's horrible. Why can't Metallica return to their roots and set the trends themselves instead of following the trends and sucking?

Don´t forget Metallica once took MERCYFUL FATE on tour. Saw it in Prague (Garage tour I believe) and it certainly wasn´t a matter of business. They took MF just because they were friends, MF were an underground band. According to some opinions, they kicked Metallica´s ass musically. Well just compare Kirk to Hank Shermann!
I´m still looking forward to seeing Metallica in a month time. Their shows have always rocked as hell. But from the rumors I´ve heard so far...that Lars barely holds the sticks now and plays everything punk-style...and I tried TWICE to listen to that outrageous load of crap called St.Anger. Disastrous and horrible.

If Metallica wanted to take Anthrax out on tour it could happen. Ozzy wanted Metallica to open for him back in the day and he got it. Metallica wanted the Cult to open for them on the Justice tour and they got ithem. Headliners have plenty of say in who opens for them. Just like they can kick an opening act off a tour if they want to.

Scott should really get off of Metallica's cocks. They obviously don't give a fuck about what 'Thrax did for them back in the day. Metallica fuckin' SUCKS!