Why doesnt Metallica take Anthrax on Tour

Jul 28, 2003
Visit site
Back in the good ol days, Anthrax helped Metallica out by giving them a place to stay when in New York. Has Metallica ever payed the boys back. Why wouldn't Metallica take Anthrax out on tour with em. I think that is bullshit. Metallica will give Limp Dickset a slot on the tour, (Limp Dickset should be wiping Anthraxs ass IMO). I know Metaliica only do it for the $$$$$$$$$$ now, but come on friends dont let friends tour with Limp Dickset.

<p>IF YOU DONT LIKE ANTHRAX YOU CAN FUCKEN DIE

sick_sick_sicks said:
Back in the good ol days, Anthrax helped Metallica out by giving them a place to stay when in New York. Has Metallica ever payed the boys back. Why wouldn't Metallica take Anthrax out on tour with em. I think that is bullshit. Metallica will give Limp Dickset a slot on the tour, (Limp Dickset should be wiping Anthraxs ass IMO). I know Metaliica only do it for the $$$$$$$$$$ now, but come on friends dont let friends tour with Limp Dickset.

Metallica did take Anthrax on tour with them in 1986 on the Master of Puppets / Spreading the Disease tour. I think you can count that as "paying them back". As for these days, Metallica wants to be viewed as being a "current" act, which is why they take newer bands with them.
They feel that if they do a tour with Iron Maiden, Anthrax, etc, that they'd be lumped together as being "an 80s nostalgia band".

I pay to go to the show, but I would leave bbefore Metallica. I could of went to the Summer Sanitarium for free, but I did want to see Metallica so I skipped it. 10 or 15 years ago I would of jumped on the free tix. That was then and this is now.

if they want to make this album a small succes , it would be nice if metallica return the favour, what I read on this board is some really BAD turnouts!!150 people at some shows??OUTRAGE!!!And how much does it take to get a video with Keanu R. for some airplay!!!!!I believe there are some people sleeping at Sanctuary!!!!

First Things First....metallishit Sold Out Long Long Ago Right Guys...girls.........we All Knew It Years Ago This Is No Surprise To Me Or Should It Be To You...to Bring Anthrax On The Summer Shit Tour Would Suck For Anthrax Being Lumped In With All That Boring I Mean Boring Bands Would Insult The Anthrax Boys...anthrax Would Embarass Metallishit........james And Lars Are The Two Greediest Guys In The Biz...next To Gene And Paul Of Kiss....who Like Stinkin Park??i Hear They Are Headlining Areanas? What A Joke..........ill Take Anthrax Any Day Of The Week They Rule 4 Ever....if You Dont Support Metallishit They Will Go Away Dont Buy The Cds...go To The Boring Shows And They Will Go Away Trust Me..if Someone Offered Me The New St.crap Cd Free I Would Laugh I Do Not Even Care To Hear There Boring Ass Shit.............

i read in a mag years ago(metal hammer i think)scott said that someone in metallica was still jealous of the fact that anthrax blew metallica offstage at donnington many years ago but who knows they may give anthrax a few support slots.

pantera is the only other band that hold a candle to anthrax live,we all know anthrax are a superb live act and that is what scares other bands.

Ah, no.

Metallica is really boring House music nowadays, I still need to tell my drummer again how much Stank Anger sucks, he fuckin loves the shit, and he is 25, he knows what real metal is, he is just a fanboy.

in this month's issue of the german Rock Hard-magazine James Hetfield says that he wanted to take Anthrax, Hatebreed or Entombed on tour and that he liked Anthrax's new cd very much. the reason why they took Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park on tour is because they wanted to play for more people and to get Limp Bizkit's and Linkin Park's fans to listen to Metallica (imagine the faces of those young Limp Bizkit-fans when hearing old songs like "No Remorse" or "Seek & Destroy").

i saw Metallica live 1 1/2 weeks ago and they ruled. they were full of energy and played many old songs (No Remorse, Seek & Destroy, Creeping Death, For Whom The Bell Tolls,...) "St. Anger" sounds live 1000 times better than on cd, Metallica's live-drum-sound is really good. although they only were special guests, they played for 2 1/2 hours. the setlist was excellent, the opener was "Battery" followed by "Master Of Puppets".

Unfortunetly all this just sounds like 'business' side of the music industry.
Mettallica wants to sell out every night, and they have a better chance of doing it, with bands that get their music and videos played a lot.
I do not understand Mtv, or radio at all.
Stations are actually playing some heavy music, but it's not labeld 'metal'. Foo Fighters come to mind. Anthrax has got some songs that are very comparable to the Foo Fighters...at least as far as 'heavy' goes.

And another thing...Keanu Reaves is currently 'The Man' in Hollywood. Why aren't they playing this video??? I don't get it.

Lordlindsey said:
And another thing...Keanu Reaves is currently 'The Man' in Hollywood. Why aren't they playing this video??? I don't get it.

~Maybe it's the same reason that eMpTyV doesn't play any Dogstar videos. Or that the Matrix Reloaded wasn't as easy to digest as the last movie, and the ending was an easy-out.

i think they should go out with hatebreed/slayer/arch enemy, hatebreeds like my 2nd favorite band right beside slayer and AE is up there too, i think it would be a nice touch.