War music

Amon amarth > manowar

reaction1i.jpg

Good one.

I like Burzum and all, War is actually one of my favorite songs by Varg (for the guitar), but the lyrics are horrible. He ends three consecutive lines with "around." Even knowing the lyrics, I can't make out anything other than "AH RA RO GAH. AH RO RO GAH."

I like Burzum and all, War is actually one of my favorite songs by Varg (for the guitar), but the lyrics are horrible. He ends three consecutive lines with "around." Even knowing the lyrics, I can't make out anything other than "AH RA RO GAH. AH RO RO GAH."

The lyrics do suck but I like for the guitar just like you do for that reason.

Don't forget

THIS IS HUH

WOW

Manowar does not belong as a rec in this thread. Bolt Thrower is the pinnacle of war metal imo. Once sent from the Golden Hall is a good album. I need to go back and listen to a lot of the death metal I have to come up with some good non-Bolt Thrower recs for this thread.

Hail of Bullets is good but the vocals aren't for everyone.

Manowar is the soundtrack for man-love.

I've been meaning to get those two. Are they more like Sign of the Hammer (i.e. fucking awesome) or Battle Hymns (i.e. lame until the last song)?

Way too much Amon Amarth hate in this thread.

Once Sent From the Golden Hall and With Oden on Our Side are definitely worthy.

If that doesnt put you on a warpath, you're a faggot.

Also...

Skinless - Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead
Iced Earth - The Glorious Burden
Sabaton

Last edited by a moderator:
All BT is pretty much awesome.

The crazy Heathens TYR!

One of the alltime greatest warsongs- Maidens Paschendale!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7av6mgdeCkY&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_rn-HM[/ame]

IN GRIEF - INVITED WAR

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaEaOTKSODA&feature=related[/ame]