War with Iran could go terribly wrong

Pike

New Metal Member
Jan 4, 2006

The beleaguered Bush administration may try to escape mounting woes by launching an air campaign against Iran to whip up war fever among Americans before mid-term elections, boosting Republican fortunes. But this is dangerous business because, like the supposed jolly little colonial adventure in Iraq, a war with Iran could go terribly wrong.

http://www.breakthesilence.ca/politics/January 05/IranWrong.htm

I'm sure that launching a war against Iran would result in much worse.... I hope Bush and his administration don't do it.... and while I'm on it I'll also say that I'm happy HE can't be elected again. I may live overseas, but I still have my opinion....

if you paid any attention, bush hasnt even hinted at bombing Iran...he has stepped back and let UN and the EU take control....

Pike said:

Could? It WILL go horribly awry if it ever does happen. Think about it, if we don't have the basic supplies, manpower, or expertise to (for no good reason) invade, stabilize, and rebuild a country roughly the same size as California with a population of 5 million imagine what would happen if we tried to do the same thing to a country much larger and with a population of roughly 70 million and truly has nuclear capability.

highrangeslang said:
I don't think anybody would actually support that.

You overestimate people, --> . . . if diplomacy fails, 51 % would support airstrikes.

76er said:
.... and while I'm on it I'll also say that I'm happy HE can't be elected again.

I'm damn near ecstatic about it. Actually, I considering dancing naked in the streets when his current term ends.:D

I'm an American who'd be much happier living out of the States at the moment. (Provided I don't get stoned to death.) All this Bushit has really gone against every wish I've ever had... and that includes getting Bin Laden. I'm afraid the another Bush clone will get elected next time. Sadly, this country is in love with politicians that are just as stupid as the general populace.

ChildrenofSodom said:
if you paid any attention, bush hasnt even hinted at bombing Iran...he has stepped back and let UN and the EU take control....
Mark my words: he will attack, it's just a matter of time

according to the bible code, this is the year when the world will end. so maybe...

Black Core said:
:OMG: are you sure?:yell: :ill:

well, personally i think the bible code is bullshit. i mean it's code of a translation! people have predicted the end of the world and shit before and it was obviously false.

ranma187 said:
well, personally i think the bible code is bullshit. i mean it's code of a translation! people have predicted the end of the world and shit before and it was obviously false.
yeah, but that was before bush

The US won't invade Iran, at least not under Bush. The Bush administration beat its war drums in regards to Iran and Korea before to gather political support. The Iraq war was the impetus of the American government's political agenda in regards to geopolitics, and that is to create a policy of Imperial control of the middle east. This policy has been in existence at least since the Reagan administration, but it is not necessarily a Republican strategy. Clinton, after all, continued this strategy. Its a modern day equivalent to manifest destiny. Perhaps during the next president's term or term after an invasion of Iran will occur, but military planners in the US understand how tightly resources are stretched, and therefore will wait for Iraq to stabilize enough so that troops may be brought back to the states for training and resources may be stockpiled. In short, the US will attack Iran, but not before 2007, when a majority of US troops will be called back from Iraq, regardless of whether the insurgency has been defeated or not. All that is necessary for an Iraq pullout is to establish a US friendly army in Iraq (regardless of their ability to control the insurgency), a task which is almost complete.