WARMACHINE - have we had a thread on these Canadians yet?

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Been listening to it again this morning -- it's good shit. :kickass:

They're Speed/Heavy metal -- great lead vocals too (probably their biggest selling point, as has been noted in all the reviews).

band2.gif

Here's the band URL. They have samples so check out "Beginning of the End". Warning: it's catchy as fukk. Other solid tracks are "Safe Haven" and "Fate" but I'll do a yousendit later tonight.

Guest musicians are Dave Ellefson, Ralph Santolla (Iced Earth), and Harry Hess (Harem Scarem). The album was very good but their next one will probably be better so watch this space.

yeah, I heard about them and listened to their demo like 4 years ago. Not bad, but they were not my cup of tea at that time. They lacked a lot of energy IMO, I don't know if it changed over time.

Looks like I should get some yousendit's from the proper album then!! I'm sure several people here will love this stuff.

The song "Beginning of the End" is pretty infectious too. Actually, overall they're just a good beer guzzling, heavy metal band with lots of 'balls to the wall' melody. It's just refreshing to hear SONGS versus a collection of RIFFS.

I checked out a demo sample or two -- sounds decent, but I agree with the Frenchman on this one... it's missing some of the balls and energy that this kind of music needs to keep my attention for more than a few seconds.