Warmoth project

motomoto

Mar 20, 2009
So... i had some serious G.A.S the other day and ordered an LP body and a custom neck from these guys.I know that the quality of the materials they r using is quite good.
But just checking if anybody else has experience with them, and opinions of course.

Also, i was thinking of going with the safe-cheap-easy to install Zack Wylde EMG set,since i want to go active for a change, but any other suggestions are welcome.

Specs of the axe are: Mahogany body, double layer quilt maple top, maple neck, ebony fingerboard.

Will post picks(when i find them:lol:)

You are correct...their parts are of superior quality, fit, and finish (if you have them do it). Neck pockets are nice and tight and their fretwork is some of the nicest I've seen on any manufactured guitar including USA models. I built a King V and ordered everything throught them except the pickup. They take a little while to get your parts out to you especially if they are being painted but it's worth it in the end and I'm sure you'll be very happy with the results.

Mine was extremely easy to put together and just basically bolted right up without any headaches. I think the toughest things were making sure that the screw holes were perfectly aligned for the back of the tuners and pickup ring and that ain't shit. Once the guitar was completely assembled and wired up there was virtually no setup to do. Truss rod adjusted easily and it didn't even need a fret level. I was running 10's on mine tuned to standard E and I had extremely low action with zero fret buzz. The only thing I had to do was take it to my local shop to get the Floyd nut lowered a bit....I didn't really want to mess with that myself. Anyway here are some pics of mine but I recently traded it for a Prestige RGA321 LOL!!! Hope that helps!

110_1098.jpg

110_1096.jpg

110_1087.jpg

110_1089.jpg

110_1091.jpg

Man, I've wanted a Warmoth for years and years, congrats motomoto! And yeah, I'd honestly say go for dual 81's in that setup; I can't stand the 85 in the neck (muddy pickup + muddy position = way too much mud IMO), and you should be in heaven!

Trendkill thanks for the info man.Your V looks AWESOME:worship:.
Personally i went for the warmoth thinline neck.The body was in stock but since the neck was custom ,it takes them roughly about 2 months to make it.So it'll come around August.

Marcus, you are so right dude.I totally liked your 18V clips for the 81.Cant remember if u did clips for the 85 in the neck.And i wanted to ask u for that pick of urs for the 18V connection pleeeeeeeease:worship:Smokedev:

Trendkill thanks for the info man.Your V looks AWESOME:worship:.
Personally i went for the warmoth thinline neck.The body was in stock but since the neck was custom ,it takes them roughly about 2 months to make it.So it'll come around August.

Marcus, you are so right dude.I totally liked your 18V clips for the 81.Cant remember if u did clips for the 85 in the neck.And i wanted to ask u for that pick of urs for the 18V connection pleeeeeeeease:worship:Smokedev:

No prob man....be sure to post some pics when you get it put together!

So,i had to dig up this thread because............

MY BITCH IS DONE

P1010461.jpg

P1010462.jpg

P1010463.jpg

well almost done:rolleyes:
i just need to file the saddles a bit,and maybe the nut to get some lower action(not that it isn't low enough but im a greedy bastard and i want more:p)

MY BITCH IS DONE

i just need to file the saddles a bit,and maybe the nut to get some lower action(not that it isn't low enough but im a greedy bastard and i want more:p)

That one looks awesome man!
But what string gauge is that man? They look just about as thin as my penis! o,0

Here is the deal.
This is my first pass from passives to actives.So i dont consider my self the right one to ''judge'' the X's.Mainly because i cant compare them straight forward with good old emg's.Although im planning to get a used set for my caparison:devil: .
But...oh well....here it goes.The guitar is tuned to D standard.They dont mud at any way and sound quite define.I do like the 60 on the neck.
But as i said i cant compare with the old ones.My other guitars have nailbombs and JB/59 pickups.Nailbombs have more definition but not as much chuggachugga:loco: as the the 81X.The JB is a complete different story(midy and muddy imo).
But my main problem is that these suckers have a 6pin volume pot and a 5pin tone pot.Completely different than the standard 3 pin 25K pots.I was unlucky enough and from the 4 pots only the one volume is working.And i cant find spare parts anywhere in the EU:bah:

So im suggesting that if you can find spare parts easily.....get them.Otherwise stay with the 18v mod.EMG sais that they're suppose to sound like 18v(once again,not that i can compare),and if so...you save from that extra battery.

:Spin:

Really want to hear an EMG-X and Blackout comparison, since obviously EMG made the move to make EMG-X series pickups because of the success of Blackouts.

So,i had to dig up this thread because............

MY BITCH IS DONE

P1010462.jpg

That is quite a nice quilted top, congrats!