Guitar Recommendation?

53Crëw

Jan 31, 2007
Hey Guys - Just thought I'd throw this out and see what you'd suggest...

What would you suggest for a Super Strat style guitar with the following specs:
-six string
-Floyd Rose Original or Schaller FR Bridge
-Mahogany Body
-Maple or Mahogany neck
-Ebony fretboard
-Bridge and neck humbucker (no middle pickup!)
-Must be available in a color other than black.

Music style would range between instrumental hard rock, some sort of progressive jazz/metal fusion type stuff, and a bit of classic metal.

Cheers.:kickass:

If money is no object a Caparison Dellinger would be a great way to go. On a budget the Schecter C-1 FR Custom looks cool

Budget is TBD. I'd rather leave it somewhat open and not limit the options too much. Just no custom shop Jacksons, or anything that expensive. ;)

It's really quite frustrating that so few guitars can be found with OFR's for under $1k - honestly the Hellraiser FR is the only one I can think of, but once you pass the $1k mark, tons more options open up (mainly ESP standards and probably cheaper USA Jacksons)

P1020250-1.jpg

Custom mayones setius pro

mahogany body + neck
maple top
eboy fretboard
custom inlay at 12th fret
Finish : seethrough black
Hardware – chrome
Bridge – Schaller Floyd Rose
Pickups – DiMarzio D-sonic (bridge) and DiMarzio Tone Zone (neck)

Don't go caparison. Everyone I've played has sucked. For the price you'll struggle to find a gtr with an original Floyd. Owning 3 ESP ltd deluxes I'd be inclined to suggest one of those.

The necks feel whack to me, the pickups I've found far to muddy, alot of lack of definition in the low mids which I attribute to body construction. For the price 3.2 in Australia, there are far better options. I've recorded several bands all using caparisons and they've ended up tracking on my gtrs because they sound better and play better.