Godin Redline series

slashvanyoung

Dopefish lives!
Jul 18, 2006
Germany
Hey,

I just stumbled across Godin's Redline series and especially the Redline 3 looks pretty damn good:

4584674.jpg

Specs

Rock Maple neck
Rosewood or Maple Fingerboard
22 frets
16 " fingerboard radius
25 1/2 " Scale
1 11/16" nut width
Body has silver leaf maple centre with poplar wings
2x active EMG humbuckers: EMG-85 (neck) & EMG-81 (bridge)
3-way switch, 1x volume & 1x tone
Floyd Rose tremolo bridge

Anyone ever played one of these?

They're great, my friend plays a Godin Redline I, really basic but built like a rock and cool neck.

24 frets on his btw.

I worked in a music store that carried Godin products....
I don't have a single bad thing to say about them....
I was always surprised that they didn't sell that well...they destroyed guitars in their price range, and easily competed with others much above theirs..their basses were pretty nice as well.. I have always thought that the lgxsa was the perfect guitar.....all mahogany....synth access, and piezo pickups built in.....been gassing for one since I played one back in 99...I will get one one of these days....mark my words...hehe... :Smokin:

I really like them, the headstock is ok, not great, but there are worse.
But I think they should have built the non-trem ones with 25,5 scale length, too.
No Gibson scale for me, but I understand why they did it.

Thanks for the opinions guys!

I didn't know that they're a Canadian company. But I guess they're being made somewhere in the far east?

That maple/poplar combination sounds, well, unique. Maybe it also sounds unique...

I've heard of that company before, but I've never seen their guitars in person.

Godin are an unsung hero in the guitar manufacturing world.
In Australia, these things are insanely good value for money, they piss on any Gibson, ESP or Fender what it comes to bang for buck.

They are killer guitars... I have the SD model w/maple neck and it is outstanding... smooth playing mostly as a result of the thin neck. Really good output from the Duncan-designed PUP's - I would ever venture to say it plays better than my Strat...
I don't know anything about these Redline guitars but if they are anything like their other lines, they'll be great. :headbang: