Warning - Watching From A Distance

But there are and will probably always be glaring shortcomings for me, particularly the generally poor utilization of keyboards, the guitar being in the background too much, and the lack-luster vocal performance (particularly on Sorrow of the Angels).

Much more my kind of criticism! Thanks :loco:

Though I regret to continue this While Heaven Wept discussion in the Warning thread, dedicated to easily one of, if not the greatest album of last year, a bit of an update. I brought along a CD-R of Sorrow Of The Angels that I burned last night to listen to while walking around campus, and I've played it two full times now. This is a fair amount better than I remember it being, and much better than Of Empires Forlorn. The guitar work is much more prominant than on Of Empires Forlorn, which is quite nice, the keyboards are less intrusive, and the aura of the compositions are quite effective. The vocal performance at various junctions ranges from awkward and forced to suitable. Overall, much better than I remember it being (it's been a while), and much better than Of Empires Forlorn.

I'm just listening to it now for the first time. Great so far.

Edit: Bridges is absolutely fucking incredible \m/

I finally got this album and have listened to it a good dozen times or so. Wonderful wonderful stuff.. I still prefer Footprints to all the other songs, but they all have great attributes as well.

This album basically makes me want to either make sweet sweet love or cry. Or both. The kind of making love that is with the one person you love the most in life and during it tears start streaming down your face because you're so in love with them and because it feels so good.

:kickass:

I love how the vocalist kinda "mocks" his own despair and sadness with his way of singing.
"Bridges" is an awesome song tew.

While Heaven Wept is a trad doom band that I never cared for.

give me Trouble or Reverend Bizarre over that crap anyday.

Warning I never listened to. what are they like?

I finally got this album and have listened to it a good dozen times or so. Wonderful wonderful stuff.. I still prefer Footprints to all the other songs, but they all have great attributes as well.

With time, I hope you come to appreciate the other songs as much as Footprints. I'm not sure I could choose a favourite anymore! I've been listening to this at least once or twice a day since I got it and it doesn't get old! My favourites are now Faces and Echoes, but really, this will change again tomorrow, and there is not a second of filler on this disc.

This album basically makes me want to either make sweet sweet love or cry. Or both. The kind of making love that is with the one person you love the most in life and during it tears start streaming down your face because you're so in love with them and because it feels so good.

:err:

listening too....fucking awesome, I love the vocals.

where can I pick up some of their CDs?

listening too....fucking awesome, I love the vocals.

where can I pick up some of their CDs?

Yes his voice is incredible on this last album and the Blessed By the Sabbath demo... However they're different on their first album, just so you know. More generic doom vocals than how they are now. I prefer the way he sings now. =)

His vocals on the Blessed By The Sabbath demo are an exact replica of Wino, not at all comparable to the latest material, which is the way that your post reads. Edit accordingly.

what other bands have that nasally Pagan Altar/Warning vocal style?

I love that shit...