Was Oliva on painkillers....

One more comment about the JOP set, was the sheer glee that Jon took for being on stage for the over 2 hour set. You can tell that despite the pain, he really--REALLY enjoyed himself out there tonight, and I wouldn't be surprised if he considered tonight's show to be among the highlights of his career--as I'm sure it was among the highlights of fans such as I.

Once again, thanks to Jon and company for a great evening.

I was a little skeptical when I heard the new guy being compared to Criss. And then I heard him play. Wow. Needless to say I was wrong. Great addition to the fold.

ive cried a lot. I was remembering my father who passes away during the acoustic set evergrey did some years ago and i couldt say the proper goodbye to him because i was far away

Yup - I always cry during BELIEVE. DT Jesus' story is not unlike my own. It even has the same ending. STREETS (my favorite album of all times) was a huge part of my recovery and I thank Glenn and Jen again (rhymes!!) for setting this up. My wife worked her way up to the front for BELIEVE (thanks to all the courteous people that let her up there), as it it my favorite song. It is two days later and I am still at Center Stage re-living that show.

BTW - did anyone else notice they played "Silk and Steel" after the set as we were leaving??? Criss is always there.

LONG LIVE THE MOUNTAIN KING!!!!!!

Chris :headbang:

The dual guitar harmonies during Believe were what tipped me over the edge. That is truly an awesome song and among my favorites by Savatage, so it was great to hear the song live again.

From what I remember, Silk and Steel was always played as the outro music for Savatage, so it's good to see Jon continuing the tradition. Also, I remember hearing that song being played either before or after several TSO shows. That is a great song--one of my favorite instrumentals of all time.

The dual guitar harmonies during Believe were what tipped me over the edge.

Same spot as for me...felt my throat closing and had to hold some of it in, could've gotten real bad. Couldn't even bring myself to sing anymore, and just closed my eyes and let tears fall. I've gotten way more sensitive since having a child...but it's really an awesome feeling when music can have this effect.

Same spot as for me...felt my throat closing and had to hold some of it in, could've gotten real bad. Couldn't even bring myself to sing anymore, and just closed my eyes and let tears fall. I've gotten way more sensitive since having a child...but it's really an awesome feeling when music can have this effect.

The thing is that I can't remember having this reaction to any other live performance of the song--not with the one or two times that I saw Savatage do it (albeit not with Criss) or the times that I saw TSO do it. It just goes to show how perfect the musicians that Jon surrounded himself with were in replicating the classic Savatage sound.

Couldn't even bring myself to sing anymore, and just closed my eyes and let tears fall. I've gotten way more sensitive since having a child...but it's really an awesome feeling when music can have this effect.

I was trying to explain to a friend who doesn’t get the “crying” thing why I get so emotional over “Believe”. Certain melodies that are beautifully played or sung can set me off. So can really moving lyrics. And then there’s the sadness still surrounding Criss’ death. “Believe” hits the trifecta - total waterworks! :cry:

Yeah, all the ballads basically brought me to the brink. Pretty much Believe. Not as first, but when I sang the chorus god damn did I want to cry.