Watching the Big Four at the movies

DanLights

Santa Hat Forever
I just bought tickets to see the big four (Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax and Slayer) concert in Bulgaria live at the movies, I saw the ad and got excited and bought them.

I´ve never been to a "movie concert" before, but I think it´s gonna be fun with the theatre filled with metalheads sitting down eating popcorn (I will).

who else is seeing this at their local theatre?

im considering it.. im poor as fuck because of Sweden Rock Festival, Metaltown and loads of other festivals and gigs coming up. ;X

Is there an international webpage or something? I might be up for this. Not really a must-see but if the combination of date/prize is ok why not?

I was gonna go but I figured it might be way too packed... not too many shows of this... and four hours in a theater , I don't know... last time I did that was GRINDHOUSE

k, found it, tickets are 25 euros and it's the same week that I'll go to 3 shows on 3 days in a row (rise against and crowbar among others). plus the big four are on a tuesday night. will have to check if someone is interested.

Time to revive this thread.

Anyone else plan on watching the show in this format? A few friends and I are debating if this will be worth $19 (price at our theater). I've never been to one of these satellite broadcast shows before. How is the sound quality? Any good? I was planning on seeing it at an AMC, so I would assume it would sound clear, but I thought i'd check with others first. Thanks!

Is it really bad if your ticket is for the farthest parts of the stadium? I mean does it defeat the purpose of even going to the concert? I haven't been to any of those stadium festivals so I have no idea.

Do you mean in the movies or at the actual show? I figure you're free to choose where you'll hang out during the show so just be there early enough to get a good spot (aka somewhere close to the FOH if you are about good sound).

Shadow walker, you seem lucky enough to be able to go the actual show! Personally, I would go even if it's far away, but I am yet to go to a big stadium concert myself so I can't advise.

So I payed 16 euros to see this in my local theatre and I hope the sound will be good, if they had the equipment and sound of the Download festival streamings last year then I will be more than satisfied with the sound. Funny thing, The week after this theater show I will see Megadeth and Slayer for real (second time I'll be seeing those two bands) at Madrid in Sonisphere, I love Megadeth so much, I'm super stoked for both shows

The concert's today. I'll go check for tickets in a couple of hours. The cheapest start at 30 euro and tickets for the different sectors of the stadium have different prices.

Na...kinda busy right now and couldn't find anyone who'd be willing to spend so much on the tickets to come along. Also I've got three real concerts coming up this weekend. Kinda psyched for those. :headbang:

I actually decided not to get tickets and go tonight. After watching tons of "pro" shot footage of Metallica on Youtube, I still think they sound like shit. I also can't stand Slayer. I think both bands have sloppy playing and horrible songwriting skills nowadays. As far as just watching for just Megadeth and Anthrax... I'll wait until footage is leaked onto youtube or until it's released on DVD--which i'm sure will happen as the "big four" don't get together very often! lol

Keep us posted on how the event was after tonight please! Let me know if I was wrong to have missed this haha Thanks!

Holy shit... They didn't pull that off when I saw them in the Czech Republic. Would have been cool if Slayer participated too.