Watchtower 'Reissues'

Metalliced

Oct 26, 2012
Portland, ME
www.facebook.com
Just got the Divebomb reissue of "Control And resistance". I've heard all of the different versions of this album over the years. Including the original, there's four total versions of this album. Besides this newest edition I always preferred the original CD pressing. all of the other 'remasters' never got the sound right. Always way too thin sounding, and actually one of them was mastered from a cassette tape. So, my hats off to Divebomb and Matt, and especially Jamie King for getting it right.

What I'd like to know is, what people think of the various 'reissues' of this album, and of their first album "Energetic Disassembly". I don't know how many of those there are, but I do know that Rockadrome Records released the latest version, as well as the demo collection "Demonstrations In Chaos". What do you people think of those?

What's the deal with this ongoing 3rd album?

Just got the Divebomb reissue of "Control And resistance". I've heard all of the different versions of this album over the years. Including the original, there's four total versions of this album. Besides this newest edition I always preferred the original CD pressing. all of the other 'remasters' never got the sound right. Always way too thin sounding, and actually one of them was mastered from a cassette tape. So, my hats off to Divebomb and Matt, and especially Jamie King for getting it right.

What I'd like to know is, what people think of the various 'reissues' of this album, and of their first album "Energetic Disassembly". I don't know how many of those there are, but I do know that Rockadrome Records released the latest version, as well as the demo collection "Demonstrations In Chaos". What do you people think of those?

What's the deal with this ongoing 3rd album?

How Energetic is still NOT remastered is beyond me. I don't think it was touched even going to CD. it is so sub-par it drives me nuts.

Mathematics is a touchy subject with some in the WT camp and I will leave it at that. Doubt it will see the light of day, ever.

The remaster is cool, louder, and more "modern" but I also like my original cassette and CD.

Amazing album. Definitely deserved a reissue!

Some live bonus tracks (for example, of Tecchio singing the stuff from the first album) or including the 3 song demo from Soliz would've been awesome. This is one of my favorite albums ever so I would've loved a 2CD (or even 2CD/ live DVD) reissue.

How Energetic is still NOT remastered is beyond me. I don't think it was touched even going to CD. it is so sub-par it drives me nuts.

Mathematics is a touchy subject with some in the WT camp and I will leave it at that. Doubt it will see the light of day, ever.

I know. I compared the Rockadrome version to the first pressing of the CD and it's the same, both are weak.

And speaking of "Energetic D..." has anyone heard the monstrous Jason McMaster band Evil United? Killer!

The remaster is cool, louder, and more "modern" but I also like my original cassette and CD.

Amazing album. Definitely deserved a reissue!

Some live bonus tracks (for example, of Tecchio singing the stuff from the first album) or including the 3 song demo from Soliz would've been awesome. This is one of my favorite albums ever so I would've loved a 2CD (or even 2CD/ live DVD) reissue.

They didn't have anything to offer me as far as extra stuff. I actually omitted the song from Doomsday News with different singer (I assume from 3 song demo you are speaking about) because it would have been the same song back to back. So I just decided to focus on the album.

I also have a demo with Scott from Confessor trying out for the band, but quality was lacking.