Watchtower

bloodbath666

Nov 30, 2004
How many of you guyz have heard of this band? They are described as technical metal. They got some really weird songs, very good musicianship tho, I love Control and Resistance. :hotjump:

Kool that you know them Marcel. So many prog people have no clue on the technical metal like Watchtower and Spiral Achitect. I was thinkin about this band Spastic Ink I hear they are technical as well, never heard em tho. :headbang:

I used to like technical metal, but now I don't... It gets boring, you can't headbang nor follow the rythm, because there isn't any... Besides I now lost interest in hearing people play as difficult as they can't, I now prefer hearing more melodic stuff: for example I prefer hearing Pink Floyd over Spiral Architect (except perhaps when I'm furious or stressed:)).

if you want to headbang then listen martyr..... also "technical metal" as you people describe it..... I just call it Music..... (don't like to categorize art)
I'm a big Spastic Ink and Spiral Architect fan.... very talented people! Especially Ron Jarzombek... I'm playing guitar myself and since I started playing I was always trying to play his stuff ;) at the beginning this can turn out very hard ;) but now I don't have much problems anymore.....

Yeah, Watchtower and Psychotic Waltz are still the gods of Technical progressive metal/rock/jazz.... They have created this genre to what it is today!

Again, the first reply is from Marcel. Hey Marcel, i love you more on each post you send here to the forum :)

Maybe Ron jarzombek is a nice guy, but you are nicer :)

PS: By the way, i hear that Ron too posts on his forum quite often.

Sun Caged said:
Ron is truly a nice guy, I met him last year during the Headway festival in Amstelveen where he used my guitar equipment for the Watchtower gig he did at Headway.

Marcel

Ron is fucking incredible. I just go ink compatible like a month or two ago and man that's some sick shit. :headbang: