Waveburner (clicks/pops)

avrinder

May 25, 2009
Canada
www.myspace.com
Multiple cds later, I'm still getting random clicks and pops on my finished session on Waveburner (Mac). I'm either getting clicks at the start of a song, or at times, the full song.

I have tried burning at both speed options, eliminating too many over-laps between songs, trying different brand name cds, etc

Any ideas?

ps - burning cds off Itunes/other programs work fine. I just need to burn this bands session (over-lapping between songs/flow) Can I transfer the over-lapping session into Itunes, or any other program to burn?

-Avi

What is the sample rate of your root files? I recently had an issue in waveburner where I was working in 88.2 in Pro Tools, bouncing down to 88.2, and importing those into WB. It was introducing a clicking/ static-y noise above the noise floor. When I exported the files from PT at 44.1, the problem went away. Waveburner has an issue doing sample rate conversions if you're not on version 1.6...

Hm... I'd try to double check that just to make sure. Also, is it clicking and popping in the waveburner session, or only after it's burned to CD?

Put a limiter on with the output at -0.3dbFS.

I had a similar problem, and it was because I didn't have a limiter (even though I'd mastered it in Logic with the same headroom - and to -12dB RMS FS)