Waves ADT: finally I don't have to struggle anymore with shitty musicians....

If you use the parameter modulation function in reaper you can get the same results with waves doubler for example (or any plug that lets you control delay and frecuency)
Just set a random lfo to modulate each parameter and BOOM waves ADT for freeeeee

The audio example sounds like shit! Sounds exactly like applying a slight delay in the duplicate track, which brings phase issues.

Funny thing, I didnt knew Soundtoys Microshift and for the audio examples, in my opinion really slays this waves new product.

Definitely not getting this one. Getting a bit tired of this "Abbey Road trick" where I "have" (yes I like the ones I got so far) to buy about 5 plugins a year, when I have my Mercury bundle sitting there (and paid quite a load for WUP plan) to only get new plugins that are quite useless to me (with one or two exceptions in a year maybe). I'm getting dissapointed, sorry.

Don't know if I'll buy it, maybe I'll try the demo.

But these features are great and are not in the freeby :
- a GUI
- better input routing
- LFOs
- possibility of 2 ADT lines + original
- polarity flip for each channel, and checking the output in mono
- drive for each channel

Already using this freeby a lot, mainly for vocals :
http://www.vacuumsound.de/plugins.html

Honestly, this has become one of my "just-slap-it-there-and-it-just-works"-type of plugins. Not just for vocals, if it's a solo track that needs to be wider, more often than not, this plugin does the trick. In metal, I like to use it for certain vocals and leads, but for a lot of other kind of stuff it sees a lot of use for me.

Curious as to what anyone would benefit from having a Waves plug do something similar. Nice GUI but that alone obviously doesn't cut it if you've got a great free alternative that usually does what you want it to.

Definitely not getting this one. Getting a bit tired of this "Abbey Road trick" where I "have" (yes I like the ones I got so far) to buy about 5 plugins a year, when I have my Mercury bundle sitting there (and paid quite a load for WUP plan) to only get new plugins that are quite useless to me (with one or two exceptions in a year maybe). I'm getting dissapointed, sorry.

Aren't those new plugins included in mercury ??

Don't know if I'll buy it, maybe I'll try the demo.

But these features are great and are not in the freeby :
- a GUI
- better input routing
- LFOs
- possibility of 2 ADT lines + original
- polarity flip for each channel, and checking the output in mono
- drive for each channel

- GUI - doesn't mean much to me.
- what's better for inputting mono signal?
- LFO - I can assign LFO to any freebies parameter in Reaper or FL Studio
- polarity - I think I can live without it being inside plugin
- drive - I can add saturation to channels doing little tricks on free one (but it's useless for me to do it separately)

Sooo.... still not interested in Waves ADT :D

i put a LFO on the vacuumsound delay time and i ended up with a lot of crackles as the plugin is not suited to changing the value over time.

i think the waves could be worth the 99$ for the convenience

- GUI - doesn't mean much to me.
- what's better for inputting mono signal?
- LFO - I can assign LFO to any freebies parameter in Reaper or FL Studio
- polarity - I think I can live without it being inside plugin
- drive - I can add saturation to channels doing little tricks on free one (but it's useless for me to do it separately)

Sooo.... still not interested in Waves ADT :D
I had a hard time making it work properly in Cubase.
From their website : "The ADT Plug-In takes a mono input signal and creates a stereo output".
In Cubase you can't do that (at least in my Studio5 version), you have mono OR stereo channel input AND ouptput.

A dude made a mono and stereo version with a GUI here, at the bottom of this page : http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4111886
But it never solved my issue.

The only solution I found was to duplicate the channel, apply the ADT plugin on the double and put the "original" fader on the plugin at -oo.

This part seems to be handled much better in the Waves version (I see a "In Source" switch with selectable Left, Right or Left+Right).

About the polarity, I think it's quite crucial to be able to flip it inside the plugin for every ADT line, independently of where it is panned on the output (you can't do that outside the plugin unless you hard pan everything, and this works with 2 signals only. With original + 2 ADT lines you're fucked checking this in one single stereo track).

For everything else, I think it's more convenient to do all these things in one single plugin instance, saves much more time in the end and avoid fancy routing/tweaking outside the plugin to do simple things.
Will demo it to see if it's worth 99$.

No, I think there's only one Abbey Road plugin included in Mercury. The rest you have to buy seperately... :(

Damn and I thought SSL was the only one not included. I was considering mercury during the next Black Friday going through Tony but if it only includes the core plugins from waves it is not that awesome anymore...!

Damn and I thought SSL was the only one not included. I was considering mercury during the next Black Friday going through Tony but if it only includes the core plugins from waves it is not that awesome anymore...!

Due to our licensing agreements with Abbey Road and Solid State Logic, the Abbey Road (Reel ADT, J37, RS56 and King's Mic currently) and SSL (E-Channel, G-Master Buss Compressor, G-Equalizer and G-Channel) plugins are not included in the Mercury Bundle. We will continue to add WUP bonus plugins to the Mercury Bundle when possible as we have done many, many times in the past.

Here's a list of the bonus plugins we have added in Version 9 alone:

MetaFilter - just released this month
Scheps 73
WLM Plus
IR-Live
Manny Marroquin Delay
Manny Marroquin Distortion
Manny Marroquin EQ
Manny Marroquin Reverb
Manny Marroquin Tone Shaper
Manny Marroquin Triple D
GEQ
Element
REDD - the only Abbey Road exception we were able to add
NS1
NLS

Of course there have been several more during previous versions as well.

All the best,

Tim at Waves

Of course there have been several more during previous versions as well.

Tim at Waves

Yes which is why it's Waves' biggest and most expensive "complete bundle". And they're not exactly free addons since I have to pay quite a load for WUP (which is acceptable of course since developement costs money too). All I meant was that I'd rather see the super nice ones too (which I consider the Abbey Road ones). But having it updated a little bit, it cost me roughly $700 including Wup which I'm not really sure is justified (for myself). But of course I can't complain since I bought them myself. ;)

From the V9 additions I love the Schepps 73 though. Cheers for that one.

WUP is complete bullshit. I own the gold bundle and there is not a chance in hell i will ever WUP. Never any incentive to do it. Throw rvox in or something, anything. Why Update for nothing?

Good question, why would anyone update if they don't need it? We specifically state if you don't need to update it's not necessary to continue using your license. The great things about WUP (if and when you need it) is you get immediate access and 1 year of:

1) Any DAW/OS updates, and/or plugin updates (AAX 64bit support, 64bit Native for VST/AU, etc) added

2) Additional plugins added to the bundle. For example we have added the following plugins to the Gold Bundle under WUP.

GTR3 Bundle
V-Series Bundle
MV2
H-Comp
H-Delay
Waves Tune LT
IR-L
Doubler

3) Access to Tech Support you can actually get on the phone or through email almost 24/7

In addition to this we provide a WUP Voucher good for the amount you spent on the update good towards up to 50% off a new bundle or bundle upgrade or up to 25% off single plugin purchases.

Again if you don't need it, don't renew WUP. Granted it's a fairly unique way to provide upgrades/updates, but when you know the facts it's a fair and in many ways beneficial way to do it.

More details can be found at http://www.waves.com/support/waves-update-plan, including what bonus plugins have been added to different bundles.

Feel free to drop me an email direct at tim@waves.com if you have any more questions or problems.

Tim at Waves

those plugins were in the bundle when i bought it. i wont be convinced that the WUP is a good thing. ever. I pretty much will never spend 10 cents at waves again simply for that reason alone. Example. I bought Slate FG-x, there are doing work to it, and releasing 64bit (soon hopefully), It wont cost me money again. Updates should be free. And unless you offer new plugins in the bundle to make the WUP makes sense, it doesnt.

I bought gold bundle for well under 300.00 on a special, i bet the wup past expiry is almost 150.00??? For nothing.