Waves API Plugs

Try this:
Put the api 2500 comp on the master.
Use the old mode and medium knee and soft...
Ratio 1.5:1
Threshold + 4dB
Attack: the slowest
Release: the fastest.

And then push the f***cking make up gain (maybe up to +7 to +10 dB)

After that use any limiter your choice
with a threshold of MAX -1.5dB

This makes your master glue and fucking LOUD in a good sounding way!!!!

cheers

Interesting Ermz, I would like to know what Waves EQ you prefer, I may be making a purchase soon... the API comp looks good, but I would want an EQ I know I can count on for really anything.

I tried the 2500 and I just couldnt get it to sound right.
The Vcomp I liked much better, especially on the guitarbus.

The eq's are cool. On drums they could really murder!

If they become cheaper in the future I might get them.
For now Im a UAD whore :)

Interesting Ermz, I would like to know what Waves EQ you prefer, I may be making a purchase soon... the API comp looks good, but I would want an EQ I know I can count on for really anything.

I tend to use the SSL and V-series EQs for that broad, colour-eq type stuff. Sonnox as a workhorse for the clinical work. Out of all the Waves bundles I use the SSL one the most, by far.

I'm sure the API ones sound great, it's just that the adjustments are way too broad or fixed to be any useful to me. There might be like a 1 in 100 chance at any one point in time that I want to boost exactly 2dB at 6k, whereas 1.52dB at 3.4k or cut .32dB at 500hz will be more likely.

I've been using the 2500 compressor plug-in a lot more lately and I'm really liking its versatility. I've found since getting my GSSL for mix bus duties I don't open the Waves SSL bus compressor ever anymore, and the 2500 is much more flexible and less pumpy.