Waves Kings Mic's - oh deer !

actually, microphone modeling is pretty badass. as far as who uses it? i do. im sure there might be movie production teams and companies out there who might buy it.

i use a mic modeler on guitars... an ir can give you a cab simulation but with that, your frequencies are all over the place. as with a real mic, you get fizz and that comes from the concentration of the mic placement, and it doesn't typically vary with a real mic. so to even out my frequencies from an ir i use a microphone modeler. it evens out the dynamics and it gives me that sound like i planted a mic. i suggest you try one out.

SD080-Oh-Deer.jpg

At first I thought it was a plugin to simulate Elvis "The King" Presley sound.
Waves is taking this "drop some names and call it a day" bullshit to a next level.
Now they just take a crap, put a sign with the following tags "Waves, Royal Family, Oscar, Abbey Road Studios, Harry Potter, Lord Of The Rings, The Beatles" and sell it.

At least the GUI looks good.

It would be more interesting if there were some technical information available about these mics - are they ribbon mics, what is there frequency response, etc.? Given that it was the 20s and 30s when they were made, they were likely to be badass ribbon mics, but why don't they tell us?

UPDATE - never mind, the interview here sheds some light on these:

http://www.waves.com/content.aspx?id=11675

The primary target audience here is post production IMO.

It would be more interesting if there were some technical information available about these mics - are they ribbon mics, what is there frequency response, etc.? Given that it was the 20s and 30s when they were made, they were likely to be badass ribbon mics, but why don't they tell us?

I would guess its a plugin that turns everything into someting sounding like a Hitlers speech ;)
Wasn't that the sound of the 20s and 30s? Mics sounding like a phone?

I dont understand how this is supposed to work without telling the program what mic you are capturing the source with. then it could atleast figure out the difference between the freq response of that vs the royal mic you are trying to make it sound like