We're doomed... OneKnob is out ;)

I'm pretty sure this is totally real, aimed towards the people who don't know anything about mixing, but want good sounding demos, and have money to blow on their little home studio setups. This is totally for the same crowd as "EZ-Mix" is.

I don't see the fun in it, I love one-knob-solutions as long as it brings the goodies to the table. :err:

isp-decimator.jpg

^^ But the Decimator is actually an amazing pedal! ;)

From Gearslutz-
My 1st once over impressions:
Brighter: Yeap. Lotta even ordered harmonic enhancement, but more like an eq. Actually, they did a pretty great job with this one. The Aural Exciter they came out with sounds a little too much like chewing glass when using extreme settings. This does not. More like you just finished a cough drop. Adds noise past 6+.
Driver: Yuck. no. hate. fail. If I was using hardware that sounded like this, I'd send it to a tech. Like a broken tube screamer or something.
Filter: I hate the way you have to click through to choose the resonance setting. This was fückin retärded on the CLA sign stuff, and it's fücking retärded here. If this is supposed to sound like moogerfooger, I think they are off the mark considerably. It doesn't sound bad, but the rate of change as you dial it down seems a little inconsistent to me.
Louder: This pumps a lot more than your typical L-whatever. The output increases on this quite a bit.
Phatter: Prefered RenBass. Phatter seems to add a bit more distortion than I'd like to hear. I may just need to use it light handedly.
Pressure: I actually like this one a lot. Except for one thing. And that one thing is the fücking retärded way I have to click through the "pad", "unity", "boost" to choose settings. Slaptastic, great for using compression as an effect. The output isn't matched (decreases as used). Great on drums.
Wetter: Lotta diffusion going on with this one. It should be in the "reverb" cat, not 'other'. I actually dig this one as well. I do wish it was set up more as a mix knob, so at "10" the verb was 100% wet, but it changes as you set your level, so I guess that would require extra parameters.

Anyway, I'll change my mind in a day.

So it's not a joke! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm just fucking speechless, I'm willing to bet that in a month we see "now available on your iPhone / iPad via the app store!"

$400 is not a beginner price tag.

$80, might be more like it, given their limited flexibility..

thanks,

Simplicity is valuable to a mixer... There's a reason the LA2A is so popular. It also only really has one knob. Or the SSL channel strip compressor, it doesn't have an attack knob, just fast or slow, is that for noobs too? :p This is obviously a bit extreme but I always prefer to use the simpler plugin if it gets me the sound I want with less tweaking. That's the reason Massey CT4 is such a great compressor.