We're doomed... OneKnob is out ;)

Funny how there's 2 pages, but apparently no one has even heard/used them in real life..

It's a bad thing not being able to tweak your own plugins, If we have a "brighter" that is essentially EQ-exciter-multiband comp-whatever, I want to be able to tweak the hell out of those, if not, I really have a hard time finding it useful for different mix scenarios... at least some sort of "noob / pro" layouts! don't you think?

If it only would go up to 11 :lol:

That we be released later in a few months, at double the price. "This goes to eleven!" :p

Actually it wouldn't be that bad of an idea if it was cheaper, but for 400$... meh..

Hahaha... I actually have a piece of equipment with ONE KNOB that I must have and use regularly!!!!!!

apogee-duet-sexy.jpg

^ :D:D:D made my night!

anyway have anyone actually TRIED it?
best case scenario it's a reallt good tool for stuff that doesn't need to be tweaked to perfection

worst case scenario it can make the rouge mix much faster not having to deal with too much just to get how it would sound like later when you get down to detail

woulden't pay 400$ for it either way tough

Dude you guys are all audio engineers and you can all make fun of it. But shit like this is how I earn half of my living. I'm not an audio engineer but I make music for games and I need my stuff to sound like the final product and I don't have the ear for it like you guys do. I'm sure you guys won't be out of jobs because let's face it, you guys are needed whether it's in the music industry (which blows now) or in any other industry. But I need to take shortcuts to do my thing. But in the long run, people with a good ear for engineering are still needed, because people like myself can't do it without these shortcuts and it ends up being a dominantly half ass mix. But it's good enough for the human ear on simple projects like I do for smart phone games or whatever it is. I don't personally find any of the one knob plugins useful because I'm rather selective about the ambience but I might find any compression plugins useful because I can't use a compressor to save my life. But keep in mind that there are other industries that could find this useful other than my own.

^^ haha exactly. It's not just reading shit, at the end of the day audio engineering is a fucking art of its own and you have to have an ear for it. And I simply don't, anything I mix comes out completely scooped... end of fucking story. By the way nice to see some more Norwegian people here, Derpsicle. I'm actually from Drøbak, born and raised until I was 12. I've been living in the States for the last 13 years