Waves Lo-Air $19 Super Special

yeah, also wonder what you use it for o_O but i think some guys talked about such a plugin recently

hmm i guess it can be good to boost low end on bass track, maybe on kick drum? i guess puting it on the overall mix will do some strange shit, but i didnt try it yet

It's a sound designer tool. Would come in handy for mixing 5.1/2.1 tracks for TV/cinema etc. Basically, it's something you slap on the master LFE bus to buff it up with all that waves magic. Can't see it having any serious potential in a musical sense, though it might be of use as some odd effect in more electro/synthetic genres.

It's a sound designer tool. Would come in handy for mixing 5.1/2.1 tracks for TV/cinema etc. Basically, it's something you slap on the master LFE bus to buff it up with all that waves magic. Can't see it having any serious potential in a musical sense, though it might be of use as some odd effect in more electro/synthetic genres.

Hmm? From Waves' description I understood it's just a subharmonic synth (like the DBX 120A for example) with additional features for multi-channel work, such as "creating the LFE channel from stereo or 5.0 sources."

So I can definitely see it's use for stereo work and traditional music mixing.

Here's my response from the G.A.S. purchase page:

I've used the demo a couple of times before--once on my mac and once on my pc--as well as at my buddy's studio and really like it. For metal, I use it on bass guitar and the kick drum, just to give them that low end thud to really hit a sub hard. It sounds good (to me anyway) running it before EQ and compression just to fill in any low end that might be lacking to beef up a track. Here's a quick mix of "Sotot" I used it on here:

Whether or not I'm using it the right way, I don't know... but it's fun to mess around with. lol

You obviously won't use it on every mix, but sometimes a bass guitar or kick is just lacking and needs a little more... oomph. :D

Last edited by a moderator: