Waves mono or stereo when eqing?

XxSicRokerxX

Gabriel R.
Nov 25, 2010
Orange County, CA
Just curious why are there 2 options?

When i want to remove a loud ring in my snare i'll use waves stereo Q but now im wondering do i use Stereo Q or mono Q? whats the difference?

Alright so what if im sending for example mono toms to a stereo Group/bus (if i send it to a mono group bus everything will be on one side). If i want to compress the toms do i load a stereo comp on the bus or do i load a mono comp?

Stereo, because your bus is stereo.

Just think about it for a sec...if you can hear stuff at different places, it's stereo. It it's all centered or in one particular pan location, odds are it's mono.

You should only use EQ if the track is a surround sound track, YOU CAN NOT USE MONO ON MONO AND STEREO ON STEREO.

Since when has this become the dis the noob and never give any real advice forum?

This was a genuine question by someone wanting to learn and your only response was to mock and belittle him. Unfortunately is seems he may have believed that was real advise too. So what you want to teach him wrong as joke?
As soon as this place can go back to being about helping each other out the better I say, its getting old and not funny really really fast.

In response to your question,
If it is a mono track or group or send etc use mono plugins.
If it is a stereo track or group or send etc use stereo plugins.

If you are sending mono tracks to a stereo group, because the group is stereo you use stereo plugins on that group. Hope this helps you M8.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand...

If you're using reverb or delay, chorus, etc you may want to put the stereo plugin on a mono track. This will help to give the illusion of a stereo track to a mono track. Just as an extra note since it's not always a hard fast rule that mono = mono and stereo = stereo...

Aaaaaaaaaaaand...

If you're using reverb or delay, chorus, etc you may want to put the stereo plugin on a mono track. This will help to give the illusion of a stereo track to a mono track. Just as an extra note since it's not always a hard fast rule that mono = mono and stereo = stereo...

I THINK some days make the distinction between stereo and mono tracks (I used to work with Sonar, and I think it does, correct me if I'm wrong) but I agree they're hard to tell apart in Reaper.

"If you are sending mono tracks to a stereo group, because the group is stereo you use stereo plugins on that group. Hope this helps you M8."

thank you so much for that statement that clears up a lot. And to that other guy with that statement...its not even worth my time to comment on that. thanks for the tips guys