Waysted

They supported Dio on the Holy Diver Tour in 83, then Maiden on the World Slavery Tour in 84, Supported Ozzy in the USA on the Ultimate Sin Tour with Motley Crue, now that would have been a blast!!!

I went to the Roscoe on Wednesday night to see Waysted and it was off! The word was Pete was in hospital having stitches to a leg wound he incurred on Monday night. Tough crowd that Dudley lot!

Pete had an operation on his legs 2 weeks ago to remove varicus viens!!! Doctors told him to rest so he goes out on tour!!!!! Saw them last night, he was still in pain, but the guys put on a rockin' show, sorry they missed you in Leeds, but they'll be back!!!!

No sweat! No one seemed to mind. In fact everyone was more concerned about that little Hammond dude from Top Gear who was in the LGI ICU at the time. October 9th has been pencilled in for the re-arranged gig.

wasnt that guy moving at about 300mph before his trip to the hospital ? Is he ok ???

valanx said:
wasnt that guy moving at about 300mph before his trip to the hospital ? Is he ok ???

That's the fella! It looks like he is going to be OK but has been very,very lucky. The Yorkshire Air Ambulance appears to have made all the difference.

I understand his family asked people not to send flowers,gifts etc but to donate to the Air Ambulance to raise a few quid and so far they've raised over £170,000!!!! They can now buy a second chopper. :kickass:

bert said:
I understand his family asked people not to send flowers,gifts etc but to donate to the Air Ambulance to raise a few quid and so far they've raised over £170,000!!!! They can now buy a second chopper. :kickass:

That's superb! Nice to see something good come out of something bad - and it seems that he's gonna make a full recovery (fingers crossed), so it's good news all round :)

Sammi951 said:
That's superb! Nice to see something good come out of something bad - and it seems that he's gonna make a full recovery (fingers crossed), so it's good news all round :)

Yeah that is good news. He was indeed very lucky!

It appears they blew off the re-arranged date as well. I didn't bother going this time so I don't know what excuse was given. Looking at the dates they blew off it appears they have 'cherry-picked' the bigger/more lucrative dates. Oh well,no doubt I'll see him on the UFO tour - or will I?