WCFYA Kerrang UK Review

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
Just read it in the newsagent - they gave it a 4/5, saying it was a mighty return to form from the 22 year old thrash vets.

A pretty lazy and uninformative review really, said standout tracks were What Doesn't Die (thundering), Superhero (crunching riffs etc etc), Safe Home (beautifully melodic), and Cadillac Rock Box.

It was reviewed as if they'd heard it once or twice only then wrote 300 words on it - not really all that interesting.

Anyway, Kerrang stopped being a decent metal mag years ago, but thought ppl may be interested in this. At least they gave it SOME publicity, and they did say it was cool.

I read it too just to see how much space they would give the album, i was well chuffed that 4k's were given. There will probably be a better review in either metal hammer or even terrorizer

Terrorizer gave it 8/10 I think - to be fair you have to remember that magazines like Kerrang! are limited by what they can say for space reasons.

Either way I should have a good positive review up on SonicDeath next week.

i bought kerrap in 2001 last to read about the tool gigs and to read something about slipknot oh and krusher was in it
i wonder what there review of the new linkin park album will be like heavy metal at it's best god kerrang suck
sonic death reviews are good i liked the review of the last children of boredom album

:mad: Grrrr...I was in a rush this morning wheb I was in the shop and the cover of Kerrang said it had Metallica and Anthrax inside.I picked it up then when outside to see the bus trundle by.While waiting for the next one I flicked through my purchase to read the features....
A measly double page pic of Scott at home and a pic of Tallica with Rob turueisheuh or whatever he's called.I WANTED AN INTERVIEW,NOT TO SEE HIS DAMNED WALLPAPER!!! :bah:
Which reminds me, I hope they get featured in guitar mags soon.

Nah Dutchy I've read about 'bass player swapping' between Ozzy and Metallica elsewhere so it seems that there might be truth in it.

I got metal hammer as well as kerrang for the reviews. Metal Hammer gave it 8/10. It had a better review than kerrang's. Kerrangs was pretty poor I agree. I will find the MH review and type it out here soon. Very good though from what i recall, it started out by commenting how Anthrax wouldnt change their name to basketfull of puppies.