We finally did it...

GreggSuspyre

May 31, 2005
New Jersey
www.myspace.com
We hit our 1,000th facebook fan today, so that means...new song uploaded!

The Suspyrians can attest, I spent a lot of time contemplating this mix. I almost didn't want to even leak it, knowing that I get better with almost every attempt I make and I wanted to make sure you didn't get something amateur. It took a lot of courage for me to click the "upload" button.

But without further ado, check our facebook and/or myspace to hear our demo of "The Divided Son."

(Yes, this song is TDS)

It's an excellent song, Gregg. Not as chaotic as I expected (not a negative, either). And by that I mean I was able to grasp the song quickly, which usually doesn't happen with your music - I generally have to listen several times before I can makes heads or tails of it. Makes me even more excited to here a non demo version, and of course the rest of the next CD as well.

It's an excellent song, Gregg. Not as chaotic as I expected (not a negative, either). Makes me even more excited to here a non demo version, and of course the rest of the next CD as well.

Thanks!

It's not shocking to say that we change our style a little bit on each album. The Silvery Image was straightforward and very "European Power Metal" at times, A Great Divide was more epic and had more of a "progressive" influence, while When Time Fades... was a lot darker and atonal/chaotic/avant-garde. This one is more of a lighter progressive rock album, but that said, it includes some of our heaviest songs as well. I will let the music speak for itself when the CD is released, but it's good to approach it with the right set of ears. Fans of progressive music should know by now that each band never does the same album twice. :loco:

Also - I posted a blog about the recording process, for all you music production nerds out there!

Sounds awesome!
Clay, you're getting better and better at this; refining your style from album to album.
It was what I was hoping for. For me it's a direct step forward from "When Time".
Shoot to the sky with this one!

Sounds awesome!
Clay, you're getting better and better at this; refining your style from album to album.
It was what I was hoping for. For me it's a direct step forward from "When Time".
Shoot to the sky with this one!

Thanks...that's a nice thing to hear.

There's going to be a wide spectrum of things on this album...I'm really looking forward to hearing how it all starts coming together.

Clay

Howdy Everyone,

There are a lot of behind the scenes things going on with the members of the band. One band member (myself) got married recently and another member is planning right now for their's. IT has been awhile since an update only because the process is going a little slower than anticipated.

The songs are written and I expect this to be the best album yet. Drums and Bass are basically done...and editing is in the works. Guitars are being recorded as time permits. Keyboards and vocals are in the rough stages, but will progress much faster once guitars shape up the songs.

The album is taking longer than expected because of external forces, but we are still forging ahead with it. The album is going to be very diverse, and will include elements from several genres of music. And with that said, as songs take shape we will do our best to give samples to show that diversity.

We ask for patience at this time as personal lives can sometimes slow down the process, but rest assured we are still working and will complete this album for everyone.

:D

Howdy Everyone,

There are a lot of behind the scenes things going on with the members of the band. One band member (myself) got married recently and another member is planning right now for their's. IT has been awhile since an update only because the process is going a little slower than anticipated.

The songs are written and I expect this to be the best album yet. Drums and Bass are basically done...and editing is in the works. Guitars are being recorded as time permits. Keyboards and vocals are in the rough stages, but will progress much faster once guitars shape up the songs.

The album is taking longer than expected because of external forces, but we are still forging ahead with it. The album is going to be very diverse, and will include elements from several genres of music. And with that said, as songs take shape we will do our best to give samples to show that diversity.

We ask for patience at this time as personal lives can sometimes slow down the process, but rest assured we are still working and will complete this album for everyone.

:D

Had to bold that phrase because, well.....it better be!!!! I'd laugh my ass off if one day I read a comment from a band member saying the new album was gonna be good but not as good as a previous album. Can you imagine?? :lol:

Anyway, marriage is certainly a valid reason for progress slowing down. Happy for everyone on that front.

And as metalprogger stated, any updates are welcome and I am looking forward to new material. But I can be patient. Gotta get that personal stuff outta the way first!! :D

I promise things will pick up soon. As Clay said, lots of personal "life" things have affected progress of this album.

At the beginning of the year, the heat broke at my studio, and I am patiently awaiting the HVAC guys right now while I'm doing some editing on the tracks in my space-heatered room.

As soon as I can finally feel my fingertips, I will continue doing my guitar tracks. The last few months have been especially busy for me, as I've got engaged and am planning a wedding, and have had lots of other musical projects. Check out DarkBrain.com to hear the music I've been doing since last spring. It's very hard to be inspired to compose music every day and still have time to track Suspyre songs, which take a lot of concentration and time.

Now that the bulk of these projects are finishing up, this album is up on the priority list. This song I'm doing now (TaS) is giving me chills, and it's not because it's cold in here. Can't wait to share it!

The leaked demo song has been playing regularly on my comp since the day you guys released it. If the rest of the album is going to be this good, I'm definitely going to have to come over to the US for the release party (if there's gonna be one), so I can buy one off of you straight away and have it at the soonest possible moment :D

I really think you guys should come back to Progpower Europe this year, especially if you'll have the album finished before that time :)

The leaked demo song has been playing regularly on my comp since the day you guys released it. If the rest of the album is going to be this good, I'm definitely going to have to come over to the US for the release party (if there's gonna be one), so I can buy one off of you straight away and have it at the soonest possible moment :D

I really think you guys should come back to Progpower Europe this year, especially if you'll have the album finished before that time :)

We haven't talked about the release party yet, but there definitely will be one. That'll be awesome if you fly over for it!
We're waiting for the invite from PPEU...hopefully the new album gets their attention when it's out.