We, the gods

this cd is :OMG: we the gods and kingdom(my fave) are the best but the rest are also awesome.i was glad to find the first version of the cd in a second-hand store :tickled:

siderea said:
WE, THE GODS

words : Darren
music : Duncan, Daniel

How can you climb a mountain to kill a God?
Why do you cross unknown lands, to kill our Gods?
Why do you build walls... to starve our Gods?
Is it for the same reason you blind us?
Is this way you punish our children?
And rape our sisters?
When will we drown?
When will we burn?
Will you die with us? I think so
You are slicing your own wrists
You are tearing your own hearts
And you are drowning your own children
So you can end it... or we will
We are telling them the truth
And revealing all your lies
We do not need to climb a mountain
Or to cross unknown lands...
...Because we are Gods
And we will drown you
We will burn your homes
We the people, we the spirits, we the Gods
Yes, Darren is right. We the go(o)ds... Still human beings... :) once drowned by the natural disease...

SO LET THE FUCKERS DIE !!! :)

"We the Gods" is about the divine nature of every living being and the uselessness of war: if i am a God and you are a God too then i would kill a part of myself if i killed you

eastern philosophy and stuff....

Alwin said:
"We the Gods" is about the divine nature of every living being and the uselessness of war: if i am a God and you are a God too then i would kill a part of myself if i killed you

thanx! nice one, actually I get this feeling when I read the lyrics, but its just hard to tell in words (even harder to tell in english), but u brought it to a point, nice one :)

would be interesting to hear Darren's point of view about this interpretation :)

Alwin said:

I don´t agree. Forget about the futile attempt to construct a workaround called philosophy... you can´t live philosophy. :err:

You are right with your first sentence I think. But there is much more in this song than seems to be obvious. Come on Alwin... :) :ill:

Frodnat said:
I don´t agree. Forget about the futile attempt to construct a workaround called philosophy... you can´t live philosophy. :err:

You are right with your first sentence I think. But there is much more in this song than seems to be obvious. Come on Alwin... :) :ill:
Ok, let's look at the lyrics again:

"How can you climb a mountain to kill a God?
Why do you cross unknown lands, to kill our Gods?
Why do you build walls... to starve our Gods?
Is it for the same reason you blind us?
Is this way you punish our children?
And rape our sisters?
When will we drown?
When will we burn?"

This expresses the despair of ppl who think war is useless. My explanation makes sense if you interpret the word "God" not as a worshipped deity but as the essence of living beings.

"Will you die with us? I think so
You are slicing your own wrists
You are tearing your own hearts
And you are drowning your own children"

Ok, here you have it: we share the essence of life, we are Gods. So if you kill me you kill part of yourself, since we are made of and connected to the same essence, we are the same God.

"So you can end it... or we will
We are telling them the truth
And revealing all your lies
We do not need to climb a mountain
Or to cross unknown lands...
...Because we are Gods"

We know better than those claiming they are separate beings and not connected to the whole. We don't have to conquer, we live in harmony. We know we are Gods, we know all are Gods.

"And we will drown you
We will burn your homes
We the people, we the spirits, we the Gods"

If you wage war upon us, you wage war upon yourself. This is our passive revenge. Call it karma if you like.

You forgot to look at the most important lines twice...

"So you can end it
.......Or we will!" :err:

So because of this sentence your interpretation doesn´t make a deeper sense. It makes sense, but you miss the reason for the war, for the hate...

They will end a war? A conventional war, with weapons...? They drown their own children? Hmmm... You know what Anathema is all about and you also know what this song is about Alwin... So don´t blind yourself. :)

They they thought they could end the "war" in the days of Pentecost III, but the war is still around us in so many homes...

btw For me Gods mean go(o)d aspects of a personality nothing more...

Frodnat said:
You forgot to look at the most important lines twice...
"So you can end it
.......Or we will!" :err:

So because of this sentence your interpretation doesn´t make a deeper sense. It makes sense, but you miss the reason for the war, for the hate...
They will end a war? A conventional war, with weapons...? They drown their own children? Hmmm... You know what Anathema is all about and you also know what this song is about Alwin... So don´t blind yourself. :)

They they thought they could end the "war" in the days of Pentecost III, but the war is still around us in so many homes...

btw For me Gods mean go(o)d aspects of a personality nothing more...
Your explanation is exoteric and mine is esoteric. There is no contradiction here I think. Why are you telling me that I am blind? This seems rather arrogant doesn't it? We just have different views on life and human beings. The fact that this is possible indicates that life is much too complex to be understood in just one system or view. So why not let the different views coexist in peace?

I bet the lad darren wrote it about christianity wiping out earlier pagan religions and all that malarkey

either way this is the funniest thread ever. how do youse keep straight faces while writing this stuff?

Bambi said:
I bet the lad darren wrote it about christianity wiping out earlier pagan religions and all that malarkey

either way this is the funniest thread ever. how do youse keep straight faces while writing this stuff?
I :hotjump: aM :yell: bLoOdY :Smokin: sEriOuS :puke: yOu :loco: KnOw :err:

:loco: :Spin: o_O :headbang:

Bambi said:

Hmmm...

Alwin said:
Your explanation is exoteric and mine is esoteric. There is no contradiction here I think. Why are you telling me that I am blind? This seems rather arrogant doesn't it? We just have different views on life and human beings. The fact that this is possible indicates that life is much too complex to be understood in just one system or view. So why not let the different views coexist in peace?

O.K. the fourth dimension then... :lol:

Sopel said:
hey, fuck off, it wasn't polish. i though it was french hahaha

Mind you, French is a very rich language. When you translate something from English to French, the frog version is 20-25% longer usually. Moreover, we've got at least 27 different ways of saying 'FUCK'. Oh and we don't have those strange words like dzgrytgjkit that contain series of 4 consonants in a row and that are impossible to pronounce for a normal human being :(