We want more turkish covers

also asik veysel, who was a blind guy has really wise poems about turkish style islam religion. the band mezarkabul uses his poems too...

just one poem of him, i hope anyone has time to translate it :)

Beni hor gorme kardesim
Sen altindin ben tunc muyum
Ayni vardan var olmusuz
Sen gumussun ben sac miyim

Ne varise sende bende
Ayni varlik her bedende
Yarin mezara girende
Sen toksun da be ac miyim

Kimi molla kimi dervis
Allah bize neler vermis
Kimi ari cicek dermis
Sen balsin da ben cec miyim

Topraktandir cumle beden
Nefsini oldur olmeden
Boyle emretmis yaradan
Sen kalemsin ben uc muyum

Tabiata Veysel asik
Topraktan olduk kardasik
Ayni yolcuyuz yoldasik
Sen yolcusun ben bacmiyim

btw, an interesting link:
http://www.ottomansouvenir.com/Coinage/jews_anniversary_coin.htm :)

don't despise me, my brother
are you gold and am i bronze?
we are made of same existence
are you silver and am i iron?

everything is inside you and me
the same existence is in all fleshes
while entering the grave tomorrow
will you be eaten and will i be hungry?

some are molla and some are dervish
what has allah given to us?
some has said bee & flower
are you the honey and am i the grain?
... something like that

damn my translation ability is not so good :p

By the way, Mutlu ol yeter it's an old Turkish song, Ibo covered it as well, but just for your info, if it's up to me, we will make a double album of Turkish and Greek covers to show our love for both nations :)

What am i reading here?! I missed from the forum only a couple of hours and all of you brothers and sisters started arranging an album with divine thoughts!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!! :worship:
An album with Turkish and Greek cover songs? That is not just great...IT'S AN AMAZINGLY DIVINE IDEA!!! :worship:
Yeah OL must do a multiculture cover album!!! My suggestion for a Greek cover song for the moment is "Den ein'arga" ( it's not too late ) created by Nikos Portkaloglou and performed by Andrianna Mpampali. Even though the vocals are on female voice i think it suits fine in the OL style and could sure become better, if it was performed on male vocals like our dear Kobi. :)
You can download it and take a listen of it here ftp://avaton.no-ip.biz/# Public/

well i guess it is better Orphaned land to cover Baris Manco rather than ibo
every one in turkey loves Baris,
the more cds sold the more powerfull orphaned land gets
and also more happy we get

I've uploaded two more Greek songs. The first is titled "sto 'pa kai sto ksanaleo" ( I told you and i will tell you again ) performed by Yiorgos Dalaras ( taken from a rare live performance. I'll also send the studio performance ) and the second is "Augoustos" ( August ) performed by Nikos Papazoglou.
You can check them out from the same address as previous ftp://avaton.no-ip.biz/# Public/

hehe, dreamcell, i hope that songs will still stay in the server after one week because on that while i'll be at holiday!!!

and i cannot listen it now in the workplace : (

whatever see ya all

Don't worry Cem eesti the songs will be there by the time you return from holidays. I hope you'll have a great time during your holidays and get some rest brother!!!

Holy Webland said:
Hello Slash,

?t's good starting... I want to know the reaction of Turkish people. Let me know the results of your research...

Thank you so much...

...with Love
I'm trying to register as many forums as I can,and opening discussions about it and also questioning my friends..I'll inform you about it...It may take some time to draw people's attention to the topic,but I'm working hard :D

what tha..?? :OMG:
it's pretty good to hear that u r gonna make a turkish cover aLbum huh :D
and the ideas are aLso good...and maybe you can use ahmet kaya songs...
sLash my aLL time buddy i'm here with you...Let's do our best...and my orphened guys go on it'LL be sureLy perfect.... :devil:

i don't know the greek name of the song but the turkish version is called yedikule and performed by turkish band yeni turku. this is a song by a greek man which i thought lived in turkey (concerning his turkish surname) vangelis papazoglu. as far as i know the greek version is performed by hronia dikasmenos and george dalaras. may be greek friends here might help me out w/ the title. i think this is a great rebetiko song and that's another common cultural thing between greece and turkey. as far as i know rebetiko culture was born in turkey by the greeks who lived in anatolia and aegean cost of turkey. i don't know what is the lyrical direction of todays rebetiko stream in greece but i know that it used to have a lot of political and social content in the beginning. to sum up this could be a nice cover project.

Yeah "deka xronia dikasmenos mesa sto yedikule" i also think would be better for a cover. To be honest i don't really know the composer of the song but certainly is a rebetiko song as suicidal4life mentioned. Until now a lot of people performed or covered it. I'll do some checking and i'll let you know family. I know though Nikos Papazoglou. Maybe theres a connection to Vagelis Papazoglou. I'll check it out. ;) :)