Weakling

Mantraschism

Skáld
Oct 23, 2002
Augusta, GA (Lost in the Twilight Hall)
I think it's about time these guys (and girl) got some more recognition. True, they only released one album, but that album ('Dead As Dreams') is one of the best black metal albums I've ever heard. So entrancing, bleak, and dark, like a journey through a long and dismal nightmare.

Favorite song: 'Dead As Dreams'

Yeh 'dead as dreams' is a strangely beautiful black metal metal album. Definatly one of the best bm albums ever and it lasts as long as a movie!

I'm listening to the song "Cut Their Grain and Place Fire" and it sounds good. I see they are from San Francisco, it's a bit unusual to see black metal bands emerging from a place like California hehe I don't quite picture beach, sand or surf while listening to them though ;)

Yeah, 'Cut Their Grain and Place Fire Therein' is pretty damned awesome.

There are actually quite a few black metal bands from California, and they're all really fucking dark. The most well-known ones are Xasthur and Leviathan, but there is also Draugar, Crebain, Twilight, and some others I can't remember now. Weakling, Xasthur, and Leviathan are by far the best.

This album is one of my all time favourites. It was an epiphany of sorts the first time i listened to this album.

Great stuff, and part of the soundtrack of my life.

Yeah, 'Cut Their Grain and Place Fire Therein' is pretty damned awesome.

There are actually quite a few black metal bands from California, and they're all really fucking dark. The most well-known ones are Xasthur and Leviathan, but there is also Draugar, Crebain, Twilight, and some others I can't remember now. Weakling, Xasthur, and Leviathan are by far the best.

Thanks for the info, I'll have a look into them!

The best part of 'Dead As Dreams' is probably the bit around.. i think 17 minutes.. Where the song just starts building up into noise.

Listening to that with my mate, in the darkness, after a heavy session was such an intense experience.

Are Wolves in the Throne Room similar? I'll need to check them out. Any band who can supposedly 'destroy' Weakling requires my swift attention.

Opeth_353, that part is totally awesome. I love when they finally settle on that last chord - it's like it drags my spirit straight down. The drumming in that song is so amazing, too. I love how they make you wait for the first blastbeat, and even when it comes in, it's not too much. Fucking great.