Wednesday karaoke party band/song options

Are we talking a significantly higher cost for the guy Paul has in mind? I mean, what would the price increase average out to per person, hypothetically, with at least the same turnout as last year?

I can't speak for anyone buy myself, and perhaps those I live with, but I think it would be worth the upgrade.

Let X be the cost of last year's karaoke deejay.

Then 1.5*X would be the cost of the chap/company I was in touch with. Note that X is not a vast sum; we're not talking thousands here. :heh:

Incidentally, for locals, he does the Thursday night karaoke at The Office, a bar on Indian Trail east of I-85 (near the Sonny's). My good friend Josh handles the karaoke there on Monday nights using the same equipment -- he works for the owner -- but I think the owner would be a better choice for us, since Josh is more into bands like VAST and MSI. :lol:

Incidentally, I think they can at least partially mask the original vocal track on any CD you provide, to some degree. That might or might not be a Good Thing. :)

Put me down for paying a little extra for the karaoke party. It was a blast last year, but it would definitely improve if we were able to bring our own stuff to sing. I'm sure the folks would prefer to hear songs the likes of which we would hear at the actual festival. However, if this doesn't happen, I'll be glad to do some Rick Astley again.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al